Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:20 AM

Default 100 NL - TP2K + FD

No reads on MP1. Button is running about 27/4/2. Wasn't paying close attention to how he got his stack, but in the hand before this one, he donked an opponent (either minraised or donk bet) to win the pot.

Hero in MP2 $125 (K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
MP1 $120
Button $260

MP1 limps, Hero raises to $5, Button calls, MP1 calls $4.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, Hero bets $13, Button raises to $26, MP1 calls, Hero pushes for $120, Button calls $120, MP1 calls $115.

Thoughts on the flop? I felt Button was FOS when he minraised and i felt that MP1 was weak since he was just calling.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: 100 NL - TP2K + FD

well you better hit your flush and hope it is good because at least one of these guys has a set/and or an overpair and possibly the nutflush draw

I probably call the minraise ... but would proceed with caution from here
Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 AM

MP1's original call could be calling very strong and hoping you'll ride along. But, when it comes back you the pot is already $100 and you only have $120 behind. You can't smooth call, really. Shoving it in is fine, I think. You have too much hand 3-way to let it go here. Once you get two callers on your shove, you could be in big trouble if one of the players has the NFD. But, that sort of thing does happen. MP1 really doesn't have to have a whole lot of hand to call the last bet, though. He may have some sort of combo draw where his flush outs are trumped by yours. I think most of the time you have plenty of equity to be all-in here. Sometimes your drawing dead to some running cards.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well you better hit your flush

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew i forgot to do something in this hand........