Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 AM

Default I folded what would have been a set of 8\'s because of MPs reraise.

In the cutoff I thought that it would be a good time to see if my 8's were the best hand preflop. When MP reraises my .35 to all in 10 bucks, Im thinking to myself "ESCAPE!!...ESCAPE NOW!!!!" When he showed KQ, I was like "Whaat?!" But I think i know what he was trying to do. Being that he was up against 2 small stacks niether of us that much over 2 bucks, maybe he saw it as worth it to flip a coin when it comes down to our stack size in relation to his. Possibly?

Anyway, you can only imagine how pissed I was to see the flop. He originally limped in & then when he reraised me I was really thrown off so I decided to fold. What could I have done differently in this situation???

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.35
BB: $3.25
UTG: $10.05
UTG+1: $22.60
MP: $2.95
Hero (CO): $1.95
BTN: $4.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $10.05</font>, Hero folds, BB calls all-in for $2.90
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to UTG

Flop: ($6.90) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Turn: ($6.90) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($6.90) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $6.90 ($0.65 Rake)

BB had 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Eight high) and WON (+$3.00)
UTG had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (King Queen high) and LOST (-$3.25)
Old 08-21-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: I folded what would have been a set of 8\'s because of MPs reraise.

I would fold 88 here every time to a limp reraiser unless he's a total maniac who does this alot with trash, but since you were shortstacking it I would take my chances and called. On that note, why are you shortstacking? Did you get busted in a previous hand or what?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:11 AM

I like the raise in the CO with that hand. Not much you can do here unless you have a good idea of how UTG plays. The limp reraise from UTG usually means AA but sometimes KK. There are some players who I would call the all in but in most cases there isnt anything else to do. Even against the hand he had you were a coinflip although you had the other guy dominated. And dont let your stack get so low! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 AM

Yeah I took a couple of bad beats earlier thats why my stack was low riding....thanks for your input guys.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:32 AM

For 20BB I snap call this.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For 20BB I snap call this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 AM

Is this a level or a lol?