Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 AM

Default 87s flops oesd, turns flush draw.

2nd orbit in a 50/200 game. One $2 blind.
MP Villain is TAG, button is wannabe TAG, blind is lady who seems poor/a bit clueless.
MP=350, Blind=120, Hero=185.
Through the first orbit this was a limpfest table.

Hero is hijack with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 10 handed.

Preflop: EP call, villain in MP calls, Hero calls, Button raises to $7, blind calls, EP, MP and Hero call.

Flop(5 handed, $35): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Blind checks, EP checks, MP bets $7, Hero raises to $14, Button folds, Blind calls, EP folds, MP calls.

Turn(3 handed, $77): Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Blind bets $5, MP raises to $55, Hero ?

I know, blind bets $5. For real.

How did Hero do? What should Hero do?
Forgive me if the answers are simple, for I am just a rusty limit player who was trying NL live for the first time...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: 87s flops oesd, turns flush draw.

Don't raise flop, especially don't minraise. Button could repop behind you as well as one of the other players could c/r you and you definitely want to see a turn cheaply. In limit I suppose you can minraise here (duh) and check-behind turn if you miss to get a free river card. In NL they could make the price too high to see the turn so you're better off making close to a pot-sized raise, or much better just calling and reevaluating the rest of the flop action.

The turn is an easy call as the blind will fold a Queen but call if he's got [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s. If you hit your hand on the river you should get paid off, especially a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] since it's very unlikely for you have gone runner-runner flush.