Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Hooking up CD ROM to Power Supply

I just had to change my power supply. Like the idiot I am, I unhooked all the straps to the devices from the old one and thought I'd just figure it out when installing the new one.

Well I have almost everything except this little 4 hole female white plug that goes into the CD ROM (I got the strap that goes to the CD ROM connected.

I can't for the life of me remember how it came out (although I did have a little trouble taking the old plug out). I've tried installing it every which way, but it doesn't seem to fit. Are these things notoriously hard to get it? I didn't have a problem connecting the old power supply when I bought the CD ROM. But now I can't even get the old power supply to fit.

I googled my Pioneer DVR 110-D trying to find a diagram, but no success. Anyone familiar with it enough to suggest exactly where I'm being so completely dumb? It shouldn't be this hard. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Hooking up CD ROM to Power Supply

[ QUOTE ]
I just had to change my power supply. Like the idiot I am, I unhooked all the straps to the devices from the old one and thought I'd just figure it out when installing the new one.

Well I have almost everything except this little 4 hole female white plug that goes into the CD ROM (I got the strap that goes to the CD ROM connected.

I can't for the life of me remember how it came out (although I did have a little trouble taking the old plug out). I've tried installing it every which way, but it doesn't seem to fit. Are these things notoriously hard to get it? I didn't have a problem connecting the old power supply when I bought the CD ROM. But now I can't even get the old power supply to fit.

I googled my Pioneer DVR 110-D trying to find a diagram, but no success. Anyone familiar with it enough to suggest exactly where I'm being so completely dumb? It shouldn't be this hard. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure you're being dumb. It's called a molex connector, and it can really only fit one way. Are the pins bent or anything?