Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Poker Cards

I've had mixed results with all brands.

If you're having problems with sliding, are you even using felt? If not, it doesn't matter what you get, the cards will be trash after not much use anyway.

One older set of KEM has lasted forever, is still relatively easy to handle, and has no marks. A newer set is mark-free, but is impossible to shuffle. My older Copags still shuffle and deal fairly well, but the ink fades and they seem easy to mark. I dig the Modiano 4-pip cards, but it's a lousy case and they got unmanagable in a hurry.

I recently got a new Copag and a new Del Negro setup. We'll see how they do. Out of the box, Copag is easier to shuffle, but both are nice so far.

My comments about marking are because I found a lot of fingernail indentations a couple of months back. Thankfully the culprits seem to have stopped or moved on, as more recent setups are clean (so far). I check much more often now, sadly.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Copag bridge in all my games. I'd almost prefer Dal Negro bridge, but Stars only has them in poker size and I can't find a local source for the bridge size ones.

Does Modiano make a bridge size 4 color deck? That'd definitely be good for my games.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:36 PM

I have a stupid question ... May I ask your perception of "the advantages of plastic cards" ????

I personally favor paper cards such as Bees, Bicycles, Tally-Hos, Aviators, etc.

Sure plastic cards last longer....But, I find them either too slippery or too sticky.

In addition, since people tend to play with plastic cards for longer periods of time a marked deck will also tend to stay in play longer.

For security purposes, you should consider paper cards and change them frequently. At least each time you play.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 PM

If you're not on felt, don't use plastic cards. They'll get dirty way too quickly and become unusable.

Plastic cards are far easier and faster to shuffle and deal. If you find them too slippery to handle, you're not handling them properly. The marking isn't too much of a concern unless somebody is doing it deliberately.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 PM

Just got some 4 Colour Copags. Regular index, not the 4 Pip Jumbo ones ive seen.
Great Cards
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 PM

I have Copags. The blue deck started bleeding blue ink on to the white faces of the cards. I contacted Copag, then sent them 3 defective cards with the guarantee card. They shipped me a brand new 2 deck set within 3 days.

I was impressed with the service. I also like the cards...can't really stand paper cards anymore.