Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 FH facing river shove

The gobble-shove is characteristic for aggrodonks in the micros. Unfortunately, they can do this with nothing (he only called my minbet, omg, he has nothing: poosh!) as well as the strone cold nuts (omg, i have ze nutz, let's minbet to see if he's interested, yes! he swallowed the bait, hook, line and: poosh!) Additionally, you don't know whether he is a preflop maniac who sobers up on the flop, or whether he is really full of it and donks away on all streets. The preflop numbers don't tell you that.

In limit, this is a standard WA/WB calldown. In no-limit, i don't like calling down here against a donkey. Without a specific read that villain is a postflop idiot i'd fold this.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM

easy fold.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 PM

I call it against a donk with those stats. I think he had a 7x. There is no way to get a read on one of these donkeys though and I have called on the river when I had the nuts several times and they show 83o in this spot. If you are wrong you'll get another shot to stack him soon.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are wrong you'll get another shot to stack him soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I folded ... and he left the table immediately so no further shot to stack him. I'm ok with the decision but I have a feeling he had 83o [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think PF is fine.

I think calling the turn is the right play. You are WA/WB. His call on the flop should scare you, as there's not much for him to call with. A middle pair probably calls, but it isn't putting too much more in. A raise indicates you really do have a jack and middle pairs will probably fold. Calling the turn might get value on the river.

On the river- well, this looks like a turned full house to me. I don't know- you are getting terrible odds here. I probably fold- you aren't beating much except for a bluff, though you might be splitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what he said.

This definitely isn't an RAISE PREFLOPPPPP JEEEZ type of hand.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM

With a suited one 1 gap and several limpers I mix up raising and calling from LP. PF seems fine to me. Seems an easy fold on the river.. Yeah, you beat a bluff and split a J, but you're not going to see those often enough (even with crazies) to make a profitable call here out of a small limped pot.