Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Moving to different games

I would like some help about going into different games. I am mainly a texas hold'em player and play some 5cd stud, but I would like to vary my games to any i can play, but i dont want to just learn the rules because i allready know most of the game rules. I would like to become proficient in Omaha, omaha HL, Stud, 2-7 Stud, Razz and maybe HORSE.
I would like to know the best way to switch games and if i should play low onlines stakes, playmoney, or just switch up the home games. i have a decent tournament ROI on Pstars for holdem and basically i want to learn and become semi succsessful at other games.
I would appreciate your thoughts and advice on this matter.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Moving to different games

whatever games you are going to learn, imo it is most important to learn 1 game at a time and not a mix
Old 08-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Moving to different games

Yea learn one game at a time. I think if you read/understand a book on say Omaha H/L or Stud, you could beat small stakes online. That's where I would start, just because you can play for such small stakes and you can get a lot more hands in then when you would live.

P.S. If you find yourself unable to accurately read the board, you should drop down to play money. For example, if you are having trouble identifying the lo in Omaha H/L, you should give play money a try.

GL