Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Boat vs nit - fold?

i think kirk and chaos both provide two interesting sides of the whole psychology of poker.

that being said in a very brief time of conversing with chaos he strikes me as a smart player and if he doesn't come across like that on the forums no need to start a bbv esque war.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also please dont insult me, i only state my opinion - if you dont agree with it, thats your choice - but im pretty sure there are people reading this who care for my advice, since im actually a big winner in these games and not some brokeass railbird posting random brainfart

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted, no offense meant to you personally! I still think what you originally said is wrong, but I should've worded it differently.

Eh whatever. I wrote out another explanation but I'm starting to sound like a broken record at this point so [censored] it, I'm done.

Kirk
Old 08-20-2007, 05:50 AM

no hard feelings kirkrrr, i think you are a good poster - i really think calling this is a no-brainer but obviously everybody is allowed to have his own opinion
Old 08-20-2007, 10:34 AM

Out of curiosity, when we call a preflop raise with 64s, what better board were we looking for than 644Q2 with a rivered flush? I don't understand this site sometimes, people get money in preflop with marginal hands looking to win huge pots, destroy boards, and then want to fold when someone gives them the opportunity to win said huge pot.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:19 PM

but when we call here, we lose. so who cares about your line of reasoning? it's worthless. would you say the same thing if he showed you his QQ? "well, I called preflop, I guess I gotta call now even though I'm beat."
Old 08-20-2007, 02:55 PM

It has yet to be established to any degree that we have to be beat here. As a matter of fact, more than half the respondents to this thread are commenting that this is an insta/very easy call. My line of reasoning is actually very accurate and sensible, possibly more applicable to this website in general. People hit better flops for their hands then their wildest dreams, then want to fold to aggression. Makes little sense.

The "calling if he showed you QQ" example is overdramatic, idiotic, and misapplied. His bet is not equivalent to playing his hand faceup by any means.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has yet to be established to any degree that we have to be beat here. As a matter of fact, more than half the respondents to this thread are commenting that this is an insta/very easy call. My line of reasoning is actually very accurate and sensible, possibly more applicable to this website in general. People hit better flops for their hands then their wildest dreams, then want to fold to aggression. Makes little sense.

The "calling if he showed you QQ" example is overdramatic, idiotic, and misapplied. His bet is not equivalent to playing his hand faceup by any means.

[/ QUOTE ]If you know someone almost never bluffs this is a fold, keep thinking otherwise you have that right, and I certainly encourage you to think otherwise.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you say "Out of curiosity, when we call a preflop raise with 64s, what better board were we looking for than 644Q2 with a rivered flush?" and then use that to say that people who are saying to fold are crazy or something. but the people saying to fold think that we DO know that we are beat often enough to fold. So they think you should fold, even though the board is ostensibly 'good' for you. if you cant understand that, fine. i dont really care.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:18 PM

You apparently do care, as you've responded twice within a few minutes of each of my posts. Note that I'm not saying it's impossible to fold in this spots, we've all done it at times (or should have done it). I'm asking a simple question for those people who want to simply roll over and die in the face of aggression because the turn happened to have paint on it. When you call pre with 64dd, it should be evident that you will have the nuts by the river very, veyr infrequently. You will flop bigger than 446 next to never. that being the case, when the flop does come 446, what are you looking for, your opponent to c/f? The turn/river will be a card that could two out you pretty frequently, plan on folding all of these? Would it be fair to say that a line that got your stack in the middle when you flop this house was a good one? I'm sorry but I'm not in shock and awe over people reading that he ran into QQ and then claiming that it's an easy fold, he "has" to have QQ.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 PM

im just bored at work