Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about Cal Football

so with the USC game, will it be 1, 2, or 3 losses? That's a pretty wide range! Miami will have 3, 5, or 4 losses, etc.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so with the USC game, will it be 1, 2, or 3 losses? That's a pretty wide range! Miami will have 3, 5, or 4 losses, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking about this. You'd probably have a massive advantage choosing three pre-bowl game outcomes for any team. Like -300 would be fair for most teams if not greater. Didn't realize this off the cuff at all.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:10 PM

I think that's right, I'd say 75% Miami goes 7-5 to 9-3 prior to bowls.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My turn 2 raise - I think we're actually going to struggle against the run in the Tennessee game more realize, but I don't think Tenessee will be able to make enough big plays to keep up... I see us winning a close one, I think we'll win but I'm not on Cal at -5.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought last year. Then, the Vols receivers kept busting tackles within 8 yards of the line and taking it to the house. I'm staying away from the game this year, but I agree with what you said. Tenn should run better; their offensive line is stacked with talent on the 2 deep. But, just like last year, I'm not sure how the Vols will get big plays.

FWIW, I agree with much of your Cal team analysis. I especially am impressed with their special teams potential.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM

When I looked at Cal's schedule, coupled with some metrics from their season last year, I find it hard to put Cal higher than 4th in the Pac 10, probably even 5th.

I think Cal loses 4-5 of the following: Tennessee, USC, @ Oregon, @ Arizona State, @ UCLA, Oregon State
Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 PM

You think that Cal is going to go 1-5 or 2-4 against those 6? You can't actually, really think that... If you think we are getting 1.5 wins in those 6 games, I'll take a prop bet for $5000 at +170 that we go at least 3-3.

Matchbook X-bets, holler if you can put your money where your mouth is.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Yea, pay 2% commission on your winnings instead of just using a poster like the mod as an escrow. Nothing like a square sports bettor looking to piss away like 15% of his ev.

Enough with the matchbook blowjobs. holler if you can put your brain where your mouth is
Old 08-20-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think that Cal is going to go 1-5 or 2-4 against those 6? You can't actually, really think that... If you think we are getting 1.5 wins in those 6 games, I'll take a prop bet for $5000 at +170 that we go at least 3-3.

Matchbook X-bets, holler if you can put your money where your mouth is.

[/ QUOTE ]

When 3 of the 6 are on the road, and 2 of the 3 at home are against teams with superior talent, yeah, I could see Cal going 1-5 or 2-4 in those.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 PM

Matchbook, mod, don't care. I will put up $5000 at +170 that Cal goes 3-3. Either that, or we go 2-4 is a push, you win 1-5, I win 3-3 and bet even money.

Put your money where your mouth is, if you REALLY think Cal is going 1-5 in those games.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking about this. You'd probably have a massive advantage choosing three pre-bowl game outcomes for any team. Like -300 would be fair for most teams if not greater. Didn't realize this off the cuff at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? this is extremely easy to solve and nowhere near +/-300, i'll book your bets at -250 all day..