Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Winstar

I'm very surprised they didn't advertise that Greg was going to be there

I'm unballer and am not making the trip, but ya, the new room is fantastic
Old 08-17-2007, 03:56 PM

The Red River Roundup is from August 23-26. Entry is $1000 + $100, supposed to be limited to 1000 players.

According to what I have read and what staff has said, the first 3 days will be 333 (or so) players each day playing down to 3 tables each day and Sunday the final 100 (in the money) will play to the end. I have no idea how they will run it so each day will finish with the same number of players or at the same time but then again I ain't no pur-fessonnal tourneeee Dee-rectoor-man.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 PM

well I was not gonna go play this thing, but I won the $330 this last monday(10,900), and it also came with a seat. So I play on friday, I still expect this to be a bad structure.
But last year during this time the ring games were good, they even spread a 10-25NL! it was very LAG rem greg?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:30 AM

Winstar is 18+ right?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:37 PM

ya
Old 08-19-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Red River Roundup is from August 23-26. Entry is $1000 + $100, supposed to be limited to 1000 players.

According to what I have read and what staff has said, the first 3 days will be 333 (or so) players each day playing down to 3 tables each day and Sunday the final 100 (in the money) will play to the end. I have no idea how they will run it so each day will finish with the same number of players or at the same time but then again I ain't no pur-fessonnal tourneeee Dee-rectoor-man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there's pretty much no way that's what actually will happen.

Supposedly there will be 34 tables in the showroom. 10 handed, they can seat up to 340.

Now, you have two options here. Either you run with the premise that the tourney doesn't get the full 1000 players. In that case, well, then you're screwed period.

If you run with the theory that the tourney will get 1000 players, then it's a reasonable expectation that there will be more people that want to play in the tourney than 1000. Each flight has 340 seats. You want to tell me they won't fill each one? Or will they have 31 tables of 10 and then the other 23/24 spread over the remaining 3? Much easier just to fill them all full. So there we are at 340 players per day. Then you have the alternates, the people who get there after that and want to play. You want to tell me that when they break a table they aren't going to maybe allow 10 more people in?

Then there's the ludicrousness of playing down to however many each day. I've heard it's 33 or so. Realistically, they should play down to 45 each day (assuming they pay 100 or 1/10th the field) so that they don't have too many people bust out and then confusion about paying someone on day 1a/b/c. That way you start day 2 with nobody in the money but clarity as to when you reach that point.

But then you stop and think - how long is it going to take each day to bust out to 1/10th of the field? Yes, the structure is probably a bit turbo, but... this is a bit much. And then to get from 100ish to 1 on day 2? It kinda boggles the mind.

Just some thoughts, I haven't looked closely at the structure sheet because I suck at NLHE and pretty much every form of poker these days. Supposedly the whole place will be jampacked starting Wednesday according to one of the dealers, and "weird poker" will be available, so I expect I'll be up there a couple nights this week. And borrowing from Karl. :|
Old 08-19-2007, 08:32 PM

Just want to add my two cents about Winstar;

[censored] Winstar. Their rake is too high, they dont comp drinks, I got stiffed by a waitress and the floor didn't do a damned thing. They have a bad beat jackpot that they rake from the [censored] small blind. When they were running sattelites for their Sunday $300 tourney, they were $50 sats, nine man tables, one seat awarded, no cash for first/second, i.e., charging 30% juice on a sattelite that probably has an hour of play to it.

I dont play there anymore. I can play for the same rake in Dallas and get free food and drink, and not have to drive 150 miles roundtrip to do it.

I wish poker players would boycott rooms that dont give us a fair shake. The problem is that it's hard to notice, but it's egregious. You might not notice $1 per pot, or an extra $10 per sattelite, but they're doing it to hundreds of players every day. [censored] Winstar.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[censored] Winstar. Their rake is too high, they dont comp drinks, I got stiffed by a waitress and the floor didn't do a damned thing. When they were running sattelites for their Sunday $300 tourney, they were $50 sats, nine man tables, one seat awarded, no cash for first/second, i.e., charging 30% juice on a sattelite that probably has an hour of play to it.

I dont play there anymore. I can play for the same rake in Dallas and get free food and drink, and not have to drive 150 miles roundtrip to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curious that your nick is sort of like the name of a famed underground room in Dallas...

First, I dunno what drinks the room should be comping you. Want a free Pepsi? Go to the machine and there you go. They still don't serve alcohol yet, so I don't know what you were doing, unless you mean Red Bull.

Second, the previous sats were a joke - the current batch has cleared that up. They're 10 handed 100+10 to an 1000+100 tourney. So there's no juice on the sats, they just ride the float, I guess.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:11 PM

$10 dealer toke
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can play for the same rake in Dallas and get free food and drink, and worry about shotgun-waving thugs breaking down the door and robbing us the whole time I'm there

[/ QUOTE ]

/obvious FYP
//been robbed at gunpoint
///not very fun