Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Superbad rocks

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to the Back To The Future reference myself. I didn't notice anything related to BTTF during the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible spoiler? <font color="white"> When the cop who isn't Seth Rogan is driving the car through the parking lot before he wrecks it, there's a close up shot of the speedometer and the entire scene/car shot is very reminiscent of shots from Back to the Future.

edit: that might not be it but while I was watching I half expected the car to vanish BTTF style. </font>
Old 08-19-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i saw this movie like 4 months ago

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]pre-screening. I use to work at a movie theater in HS. I was able to see a press screening of American Pie about 3 months before it came out.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to the Back To The Future reference myself. I didn't notice anything related to BTTF during the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible spoiler? <font color="white"> When the cop who isn't Seth Rogan is driving the car through the parking lot before he wrecks it, there's a close up shot of the speedometer and the entire scene/car shot is very reminiscent of shots from Back to the Future.

edit: that might not be it but while I was watching I half expected the car to vanish BTTF style. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You win, this is what I was referring to. If you want the promised $0.25 on Stars PM me your Stars name. Hell I'll give you a dollar.

I'll put my response in white:

<font color="white"> Yea when the cop drives to the other end of the parking lot I started getting flashes of BTTF. He starts accelerating with the brake on and the back wheel starts spinning. McLovin and the other cop are standing at the other end of the parking lot in the path of the oncoming car, just like Doc and Marty. Then the odometer shot.

Since the movie isn't a spoof they couldn't do anything more blatant, but it was definitely intentional.</font>
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 PM

Saw it. Thought it was funny but wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I enjoyed Knocked Up a bit more...in part cuz Paul Rudd is the [censored].

Mclovin/Hader/Rogen were awesome.

Cera and Jonah were very good but after awhile I got a bit tired of them.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rbk,

I actually felt like perg and liked that part. In general, I liked the whole cop parts and didn't think they got the movie off track at all, thought those scenes were mostly hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh dont get me wrong i loved the cops scenes as well, i just thought some of the fun was that they were that stupid.
also as for whats more realistic:
two cops dumb enough to do that, or two cops deciding to say ahh [censored] their career lets get drunk on the job, let a minor shoot our gun, then blow up their car so he could boost his self-esteem, give me a [censored] break.

and no i'm not trying to nitpick about the factual accuracy of this movie, but please perg, dont try and claim that there was any semblence of reality to the part of the movie.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel kindof jealous of the actor who played McLovin. He'll be known as McLovin for the rest of his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and no i'm not trying to nitpick about the factual accuracy of this movie, but please perg, dont try and claim that there was any semblence of reality to the part of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this to be confused with the realistic high school drama?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rbk,

I actually felt like perg and liked that part. In general, I liked the whole cop parts and didn't think they got the movie off track at all, thought those scenes were mostly hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh dont get me wrong i loved the cops scenes as well, i just thought some of the fun was that they were that stupid.
also as for whats more realistic:
two cops dumb enough to do that, or two cops deciding to say ahh [censored] their career lets get drunk on the job, let a minor shoot our gun, then blow up their car so he could boost his self-esteem, give me a [censored] break.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL do you know any cops? You would be surprised to how some of the cop stuff was pretty damn accurate.

I know of Cops that got drunk OTJ or let people shoot their weapons at stop signs etc. etc etc. This is not some made up stuff there are maniac cops. My Dad was a cop, I played Hockey with several that were crazy as bed bugs and my GF is an ex cop detective. They pretty much corroborate crap like that happens. Whether you believe it or not .........that is up to you.

The movie was funny as hell. There were some down parts like I think in certain instance's Evan/Seth ran out of gas. But my jaw hurt from laughing so much.

Anyone notice that Michael Cera could barely contain his laughter in the Dick drawing scene?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:59 PM

Did Jamie Kennedy have a cameo as one of the guys at the party? The one who asks Evan to sing a song.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:11 PM

i couldn't stop seeing penises after that penis montage at the end