Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: girlfriend being harassed, what to do?

the only thing you should do in this situation is pick up the phone and say, "i know your name, address, phone number and place of work. if you ever attempt to make contact with us again in any way, we will call the police and press charges. is that clear?"

she should not call him back and ask her to stop calling him. that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

you should not be making threats over the phone, thereby making yourself guilty as well and escalating the situation. that is the second dumbest thing i have ever heard.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

Are you serious? You're going to fight some guy over a drunk dial? How long have you and GF been together and how long have they been broken up? How old are you three?

Drunk dials - srs biz. Blow it off and laugh about how you're going to do those "crude, sexual" things to her. Way to flip out and text her and then call him. I hope you told him you'd beat the [censored] out of him if he did it again. Because, you know, then he will. If its drunk dialing and lame text messages, ignore it. Nobody's getting hurt. If he starts following her or threatening people, then do something. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft.

you have to be out of your f-ing mind to egg someone on who is apparently emotionally unstable. this is not the same as "back in the day" where if you are being picked on you can win a fight, get the girl, and march off into the sunset. please assess you situation from a grown up POV.

you have single handedly increased the difficulty of the situation 10x by offering to fight the guy. fwiw
Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing you should do in this situation is pick up the phone and say, "i know your name, address, phone number and place of work. if you ever attempt to make contact with us again in any way, we will call the police and press charges. is that clear?"

she should not call him back and ask her to stop calling him. that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

you should not be making threats over the phone, thereby making yourself guilty as well and escalating the situation. that is the second dumbest thing i have ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/thread]
Old 08-20-2007, 09:55 AM

she will be sleeping with him again with in the month, try and [censored] her in the ass before she dumps you chump.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alert Sklansky. Someone hacked NT's account.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my girlfriend's exboyfriend has apparently been attempting to drunk-dial here late at night a few times recently... then today while she and i were hanging out he sent her a very crude, sexual text message, and she became instantly upset. i grabbed her phone, texted him back, and then proceeded to call him. i left him a voicemail saying he is being extremely disrespectful, and if he wants, he and i can "meet up" to "discuss" this harassment problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, wtf. She's a grown women (presumably) and should be handling this herself. You have no business with the ex and should keep it that way. This is 100% her problem and you're not her daddy or pimp.

Also, your use of quotes around "meet up" and "discuss" leads me to believe you're no where near badass enough to follow through with your "threats". Your mouth is writing checks your body can't cash.

You're welcome.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:03 AM

bet him 10k you can beat him in a fight.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 AM

On a more serious note, you and your girlfriend should just completely ignore this dude. Never pick up the phone when he calls. Don't respond to his texts. Block him from IM/MSN. Unfriend him on Facebook. I think he would get the message in a few weeks.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:42 AM

I had a friend in a similar situation, i.e ex-boyfriend baggage. Unfortunately, they did get into a fight and my friend had his orbital socket crushed and required plastic surgery to fix it. Worse, he had to pay for it himself out of pocket. He tried litigation, but I'm not sure how that ended up.

When I was dating my now-wife about 12 years ago, same thing happened. My first reaction was in line with your thoughts, but I eventually asked her to deal with it. Having the girl flat out say she's done with the ex and is involved with you is for sure the way to go.

The request has to come from the girl. Not the new guy.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my girlfriend wants to try to address the issue by herself soon, and is going to try to call him tomorrow to see if he will stop the phone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the gf is going to call the ex and ask that he stop calling? sends a conflicting message, no?

you didnt go into too much detail about the gf and ex relationship but on the surface from that detail, id wonder what was going on. if the gf really wanted the messages to stop, she would ignore them and the ex, not fuel the fire by calling him out of the blue.

you did the right thing by telling the ex that youre there and are around now it's up to gf to deal w/ it. the best bet for you is that she chooses not to have any contact w/ the guy.