Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: 10NL AK - Less than MR 3bet OOP...Now What?

Thanks for the opinions, guys!

In case anyone is interested still -- villain had JJ. Quads FTW!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 AM

I too hate those hands OOP. Hate that minraise too, it so often means a big pair, but I hate folding to min raises. On that flop I don't really see how I can not go broke since villain doesn't even have a full stack. I'd probably make a pot sized bet, if villain calls he will have $7 left which is just a bit more than the pot at $4.5... if he pushes I might consider folding since I think there could be a good chance that he had aces, or that we are splitting. I wouldn't assume that an unknown minraises jacks though.

I don't like the way villain played the hand, he let you go very cheaply and gave odds to chase a flush.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should be committed so the flop c/c is good. He could make this bet with any part of his range. You could also c/r to about 2.25 and plan to fold to a 3-bet if you think a 3-be is only AA-KK/JJ/AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we check-raise to 2.2 then villain would only have a pot sized bet left, I'd hate to fold it. Do you still think a fold could be good even without reads? I'm never folding in this spot, I hope he too has AK while usually getting stacked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I too hate those hands OOP. Hate that minraise too, it so often means a big pair, but I hate folding to min raises. On that flop I don't really see how I can not go broke since villain doesn't even have a full stack. I'd probably make a pot sized bet, if villain calls he will have $7 left which is just a bit more than the pot at $4.5... if he pushes I might consider folding since I think there could be a good chance that he had aces, or that we are splitting. I wouldn't assume that an unknown minraises jacks though.

I don't like the way villain played the hand, he let you go very cheaply and gave odds to chase a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the way he played it AT ALL. However, he probably extracted the most he possibily could have from me. So often a tiny MR like this is someone poorly playing A's, and on the flop I am behind the second most likely holding, KK, too. If it hadn't been cheap and I hadn't had a nice draw, I would have folded my TPTK pretty early.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's SPR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack to pot ratio. I, myself, have answered this question a few times already(it is a relatively new term) so if you do a search you should be able to pull something up.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should be committed so the flop c/c is good. He could make this bet with any part of his range. You could also c/r to about 2.25 and plan to fold to a 3-bet if you think a 3-be is only AA-KK/JJ/AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we check-raise to 2.2 then villain would only have a pot sized bet left, I'd hate to fold it. Do you still think a fold could be good even without reads? I'm never folding in this spot, I hope he too has AK while usually getting stacked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I missed that. You got me!

I spoke with LC about this hand I think other preflop lines could have made this hand more profitable. A fold preflop would have been fine and a reraise to get us to a favorable SPR would be good also.