Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: The Mike Vick case... am I a life nit?

LOL NT. Oh please don't ban me from the intrawebs. PLEASE???

F U you little biatch. Come to think of it, ban me please. I've wasted far too much time on this crap anyway.

P.S. Try getting laid and lose some weight K? thx
Old 08-19-2007, 06:34 PM

Ray Lewis did his punishment and O.J. was proven to be innocent. Are all of you communists that are against a trial by jury?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray Lewis did his punishment and O.J. was proven to be innocent. Are all of you communists that are against a trial by jury?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lewis's "punishment" was one year of probation, and no suspension by the NFL. I don't think he actually committed the murder, but he was definitely involved in the cover-up.

O.J. was found "not guilty." He was not "proved innocent," as you said. There is an enormous difference between the two. Also, he was found liable for the two deaths in a civil trial and still owes the Goldmans $33 million. Any carbon-based life form knows OJ is the murderer.

The point is, neither of these two scumbags served any time, and Vick is going up the river for dogfighting. This doesn't seem right to a lot of us.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS... I hate Vic and his attitude... never thought he was a great QB... and I feel he is getting what he deserves... BUT, the flip side is that multiple drug / DUI offenders and guys who were associated with murder charges are still playing and getting paid millions in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Lewis pleaded guilty to a lesser misdemeanor charge, and
the murder charges against him were dropped.

The reaction to Vick's legal troubles can be understood by seeing
that most of these other drunk/fight/prostitution/etc... problems
are "crimes of passion"; or "stupid things done on impulse".

Vick's involvement in the dog-fighting was not like this at all.
He owned the home used for it, participated in the execution of
dogs, bet on fights, and pretty much financed it all. This was
not done on impulse or by "going along with the mob". Vick was
the main financier of "Bad Nooz Kennelz". ( lol @ that name )
Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OJ was convicted in a civil court, actually, and still owes the
Goldman's millions in awarded damages.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no i understand the principle, that on an individual basis, a human life is more valuable then an animals or a plant.

The problem is that when your always putting humans above animals and nature, eventually we'll end up with a decimated planet with 20 billion humans on it. It just seems like we can't see the dilemma in terms of the "big picture".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a nice assertion with absolutely nothing behind it. Humans, right now, raise animals and grow plants for the express purpose of eating them or otherwise using them to sustain human life. What in God's name makes you think that we would suddenly stop doing this, or otherwise compromise our own future, because we think that humans >>>> animals and plants?

I don't think people should rape women OR murder animals, but it's pretty easy for me to conclude which is morally worse. And if you just want to think in terms of which is worse for "the future of the planet," than the answer is that raping women is much worse from that perspective also. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no desire to put anymore effort into this kind of a debate, so I'll simply say that i disagree and don't think you understand the points i was trying to make; in saying how important things like wildlife, rainforest's, and the oceans are to the longterm health of the human race. And attitude's like one human life is more important then all X type of animal or Y type of plant is foolish imo.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:03 PM

You get mad, lose it, hit someone in the heat of the moment. A little easier to forgive than paying someone for 5 years to run a dog fighting ring, and killing the non-performing animals like it was part of a job. The second example shows a serious personality problem while the first show temporary insanity. That is why the Vick case is much more serious case than hitting a spouse, once. (It is bad but it does not on its own show a history) Aside from his legal problem with the dogfighting Vick has violated the NFL's gambling policy. He is not allowed to gamble or associate with gamblers while he is an active roster member. If all he is found guilty of is gambling on dog fights he is still facing a possible life time suspension. But back on why dogs are more cared about that insects. Dogs act more human that insects. That is why we love animals that remind us of ourselves.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:35 PM

Fedorfan,

"rainforest's"

"attitude's"

"then/than" wrong about 50 times in this thread

I really hope English isn't your first language.

/nit

Yeah I realize I'll get hated on for this post, but people who try to make serious debate-style posts but riddle their message with simple errors baffle me and basically invalidate their argument.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is, neither of these two scumbags served any time, and Vick is going up the river for dogfighting. This doesn't seem right to a lot of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life isn't fair.

You really need to get over your idealistic view of justice in society. Judge each case in it's own merits and meet out punishment accordingly. You shouldn't base your opinions about the punishments people receive based on whether or not somebody else got away with something and you (or Vick in this case) didn't. That's what children do. Grow up and realize that the real world doesn't work that way regardless of how much you might want it to.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:59 AM

Maybe this pic will help you understand why dog fighting is so bad.