Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What Percentage of your Net Worth is it?
0-20% 41 23.56%
20-40% 13 7.47%
40-60% 23 13.22%
60-80% 16 9.20%
80-100% 11 6.32%
BASTARD 70 40.23%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Commercials that make you NOT buy the product

[ QUOTE ]
agree with quicksilvre 100% about the AmEx commercials.

"Okay, how about this one?!?! I got this guy tickets for the hottest show of the year just so he could fake out his GF when they got there and she would think it was all sold-out. Hilarious!!!!!!"

I just saw a Billy Mays commercial.
That guy is beyond obnoxious.
Oxy-Clean and the power of oranges were bad enough But now he's got a special cloth with super-special X-28 fibers or something that can clean up spills better than other cloths apparently.

I don't care how amazing and unbelieveable his prodcuts are. He's got to stop yelling at me. No way am I buying that crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's even more amazing is that Billy Mays moves those products like nobody's business. Those yelling in-your-face commercials have proven effective over and over.

I hate people.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the little bits that I've seen of TNT's new dramas like The Closer and so forth...but the commercials where they try to tell me that "it's the show that everyone's talking about" pretty much guarantee that I will never even give the show a chance in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is a good one, especially for TNT/TBS garbage. The Bill Engvall Show commercials make me life-tilt out of my skin.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the little bits that I've seen of TNT's new dramas like The Closer and so forth...but the commercials where they try to tell me that "it's the show that everyone's talking about" pretty much guarantee that I will never even give the show a chance in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is a good one, especially for TNT/TBS garbage. The Bill Engvall Show commercials make me life-tilt out of my skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I totally forgot about these...when they play those during another show and it takes up like a 1/3 of the screen, and the characters walk around the screen....ARGH!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will never use whatever product those retarded cavemen are selling. If I could find out all the ads that spawned from the creative geniuses behind the retarded cavemen, I would boycott those too.

I've never seen a Sonic, so I can't refuse to go there because of the commercials, but I will steer clear given the option.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kinds of commercials do you like?

Honestly?

I was so focused on the Sonic thing that I glossed over the Caveman disses.

If you speak ill of the Nextal (or is it Nokia) dancing guys next I'm going to slap the [censored] out of the next person named Dylan I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you asked...

I really like the Visa check card commercials. The choreography of the overhead shots are incredible. My favorite commercial of the past few years is the HP photo printer one with the Kinks song in the background.

Overall, I tend to like commercials that are either right to the point, or have some inherent artistic quality. Commercials that consist of people acting stupidly are a big turnoff. They have to be really funny in order to make the cut, and very few are. Sonic, cavemen - not funny.

Example - the beer commercial where they play rock paper scissors. Ooh, a beer so good that I'd crush my friend's head with a rock to get one - wow, where do I sign up!?

My biggest hate is monkeys dressed as people (talking babies are a close second). Those ads always seem to me like the creative guys were sitting around saying "Well we've got nothing here, what do you say we dress monkeys up as people." Unoriginal and desperate doesn't sell crap to me.

The Nextel dancing guys was funny. It annoyed me at first but, like a fine wine, it improved with age.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I promise I will never eat another Snickers.

I want to take this guys guitar and beat him to death with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIOE0MR99oM

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] YOU THIS RULES.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this commercial and would like an extended version to be released.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2007, 12:07 PM

Head on commercials are the worst. Do people realize that this is a placebo and has no medical benefit? See this from Wikipedia:

Chemical analysis has shown that the product consists almost entirely of wax. The two listed active ingredients, white bryony (a type of vine) and potassium dichromate, are diluted to .000001 PPM and 1 PPM respectively.[8] This amount of dilution is so great that the product is indeed just a placebo. Seymour Diamond, director of the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago and the inpatient headache unit at St. Joseph Hospital, has been quoted as saying "I see nothing in this product that has any validity whatsoever."[9] However, the package does list menthol as an inactive ingredient; menthol is one of the active ingredients of Vicks VapoRub. Correspondence has been published with a statement from HeadOn Customer Service that "It works through the nerves."[10] The Better Business Bureau has asked Miralus Healthcare not to make claims that HeadOn cures headaches.

Miralus Healthcare claims that HeadOn is safe, so that "[i]t can be used by anyone and as often as needed. There are no dosage restrictions or health risks associated with its use."[11] There are three variants of HeadOn — Extra Strength Headache Pain Reliever,[12] Extra Strength Sinus Headache Relief,[13] and Migraine Pain Reliever.[14
Old 08-19-2007, 12:18 PM

Bob Seger is great, but I hate those damn "Like A Rock" Chevy commercials because of the incessant repetition.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 PM

any commercial where it has people completing other people's sentences. i think that was old and tired in the 50's, jesus.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any commercial where it has people completing other people's sentences. i think that was old and tired in the 50's, jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure they're out there, but i just can't think of any examples of this
Old 08-19-2007, 04:41 PM

I moved to Winnipeg about 5 years ago. As I was driving into the town for the first time ever, I heard a commercial for a pizza joint. The commercial tagged off:

"Pizza Hotline. You know the number!"

Ummm...no. I just moved here. After hearing the same commericial another half-dozen times over the ensuing days I realized how idiotic these people are. And despite my lust for good wheel...I would NEVER buy from that place. And to this day...I steadfastly refuse.