Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: baronzeus\' video

[ QUOTE ]
is the river fold with A9 35 minutes in standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

ppl have disagreed w/ it already, so maybe not? for me on that river in that situation (UTG raises vs button 3bettor 3barrel) i think its std?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:20 PM

I was referring to a bunch of the hands and I agree its much easier to deal with an opponent when you see their cards and you didnt run that well. But the AJ 3 bet on the turn, trying to checkraise AJ on the turn that other hand the AQ vs mindgamer the A9 fold the 88 hand the KJ fold the TJdd fold even the 9T fold. I woulda played hands differently [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I woulda played hands differently [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i think everyone would have...
Old 08-19-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah my mental outlook comes from how competitive i am. i feel like i wont be happy w/ my poker game until i play every hand perfectly and if i mess up its poor form. i know its a problem but its an something i have to deal w/ given my personality, and also something im working on every day...

also the thing about leaving when i play a hand poorly. i think this is pretty much ok, esp. given my metnal state. considering the fact that I'm probably a favorite in many shorthanded games, giving up a game here or there, i dont see any reason why i should play when im upset at myself

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is pretty clear to everyone that if a single hand will affect your play dramatically it is fine to quit. In fact, recognizing that instead of sticking around to spew off bets is excellent. However, and again forgive me for restating the obvious, you need to get to a point where you won't be so upset and hard on yourself. Yes there are always other games but in limit holdem I think almost all of us will realize a mistake several times per session. Being able to shrug it off and keep playing when the game is good seems like a pretty important skill to develop.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is-and I feel silly posting this but whatever-if you are in an excellent game where your edge can be huge even if playing like sh!t, than you are losing tons of money by logging out when you make one marginal play. (BTW, the 99 hand wasn't that bad at all and I think you played it fine) I don't feel like this online too often but live there are times where I can play like crap and make a few mistakes AND still be such a monster favorite that leaving would be a catastrophe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should feel silly saying this because it is SILLY. I can't believe you have said this. Frankly, I'm floored. How many years are you going to go on saying this? How many more times can you say, "Wow, I can't leave now, this game is great", until you realize that you keep saying over and over?

There is always another game, another day. Always.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is-and I feel silly posting this but whatever-if you are in an excellent game where your edge can be huge even if playing like sh!t, than you are losing tons of money by logging out when you make one marginal play. (BTW, the 99 hand wasn't that bad at all and I think you played it fine) I don't feel like this online too often but live there are times where I can play like crap and make a few mistakes AND still be such a monster favorite that leaving would be a catastrophe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should feel silly saying this because it is SILLY. I can't believe you have said this. Frankly, I'm floored. How many years are you going to go on saying this? How many more times can you say, "Wow, I can't leave now, this game is great", until you realize that you keep saying over and over?

There is always another game, another day. Always.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of god would you not wander in here, take things out of context, and then start your bloody preaching again. Baron said if he misplayes one hand he wants to leave the game. That is what I was respondong to. I will probably be saying that for the rest of my life so get used to it. I know there are always more good games but what he is saying is that he could be fresh, feeling good and that the misplay of a single hand could theoretically cause him to log off right then and there. Jesus dude, you are plenty tall enough, you don't need to constantly stand on top of that soap box.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:58 PM

I think you folded rivers too a little too often. I don't understand why you raise alot of turns against overly agro opponents who will bet your hand for you on the river alot in HU pots. I really disliked the KJ hand. Sometimes you didn't use your reads on the FT table, some of your generalisations based on reads didn't seem correct.

Make a 3handed or HU video please, I am interested to see what aspects of your postflop HU play change.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:06 PM

I need to watch the vid again because I remembered a hand from earlyish that I was curious about but I'm awake for like 40 hours now so I've forgotten it.

Also agree with what surfdoc said, this was a great vid and the fact that you lost pretty much every pot is quite refreshing because even in the videos where people have "run bad" they only lose a little, this one showed that even when you play no hands horribly it is easy to get butchered. There were really quite a few interesting hands that I think could have been played different ways, I'll try to pick out more if I watch it all the way through again.

Joe Tall has told me that the game will still be there tomorrow a couple times when I was losing/have been playing a long time. It turns out that he is right, the game is still there tomorrow, I know because I haven't left it yet.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:27 PM

Thanks for seeting this up. I'm a little encouraged that I would've played most of these the same.

Was a little shocked that you peeled the flop & folded the turn w/ AQ after smoothcalling preflop. Why do you think checkraising the Jxx flop is bad?

re: the 99 hand - why is Ax such an unlikely holding for you? Assuming you'd check behind KK-JJ, isn't an Ace more likely than mid-PP's? Also how would you play KQ there?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 PM

joe, damon has a significantly different personality than you (or i) and the phrase "Wow, I can't leave now, this game is great" has different much less detrimental meaning to his game. what's true for you and poker and tilt can be quite different for someone else, namely damon.

so dont be floored. ive played a ton with him and he's able to sit and completely not tilt in great games for many many more hours than most people after taking tons of sick beats and even making some misread based errors. you (and i) are much more easily demoralised by such things and for us (and baron probably) quitting can be better. but recognize why damon doesnt see it that way, it's not the issue for him the way it is for us. (he's not perfect, he has other issues).

i wont be checking back but i was asked to look at this thread. hopefully it's in context.

cheers, mike