Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: How Does Helmuth not get punch in the mouth?

If you were the guy who was told that you couldn't spell poker, you would have considerably bigger issues to worry about than Phil's commentary. You'd have just gotten it all in in the big one in about as bad a spot as is humanly possible. Perhaps once in awhile the people he berates should have a look at their own play. He's almost always right.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:22 PM

Who [censored] cares if he's right? I know PM is a better poker player than me. It doesn't give him the right to insult me or call me names.

Not to mention that he calls people morons even when they get their money in good, e.g., the guy who called his AQ all in with 77.

I'm simply amazed no one has poked a finger in his chest and told him to STFU or he was going to get an ass-beating. I would certainly do it if he insulted me to my face, even if I had just made the worst play in the world.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who [censored] cares if he's right? I know PM is a better poker player than me. It doesn't give him the right to insult me or call me names.

Not to mention that he calls people morons even when they get their money in good, e.g., the guy who called his AQ all in with 77.

I'm simply amazed no one has poked a finger in his chest and told him to STFU or he was going to get an ass-beating. I would certainly do it if he insulted me to my face, even if I had just made the worst play in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been done before, Sam Grizzle beat his ass and he still acts this way (once again for a reason). And it's a poker table, not church, if you can't handle somebody trying to get under your skin than you shouldn't be gambling.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:18 AM

With all due respect Jak I think it's blatantly obvious that someone critisizing your play dosen't deserve a smack in the chops while someone bad mouthing your family would deserve at least a little ABH. You drew the 'line' youself mate.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:04 AM

You guys couldnt be more wrong. I guarantee you it is not an act. I dont care how "nice" he allegedly is away from the table.

As for why people dont punch him out, I dont know about other shows, but the reason they dont punch him out on HSP is that the other players on the show like money too much. How can he donate from a hospital bed? (Ive heard he wins in series 4. Fine, thats variance for you.)
Old 08-18-2007, 08:10 PM

LOL at internet tough guys claiming they would beat up on a 6'7" 250+ pound black belt.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:15 PM

found a youtube video of his elimination from the 99 ME...makes me believe its not an act "you called 2 thousand with queen jack!"...for over a minute on a 2 minute video
Old 08-19-2007, 04:37 AM

Gee, Hellmuth capable of putting couch potatoes on TILT? Now that, my friends, is a poker GOD!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe its bc phil is like 6'7" or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bigger they are, the harder they fall
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 AM

I love watching Helmuth play, because he is a good player, talks a lot and sometimes can be very funny.

Yes, he can definitely be unsporting ! I saw him get knocked out of a poker celebrity tourney by Chris Ferguson once. He moaned about "How could you call me with that !" as he left the table, and also moaned when interviewed afterwards.

Perhaps poker should have some rules for etiquette at the table ?

Talking about behaviour at the table. I once saw Matusow almost trade blows with another player in a televised event. Both players were subsequently banned from playing the next few hands. Good for TV ratings, hey ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]