Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Is there any truth to the rumor that Sharkscope is bye bye?

"at SharkScope we are currently evaluating Pokerstars' proposed policy and considering its impact. We will make another statement in due course.

At the present time we have no plans to degrade our functionality with respect to searching data on PokerStars players as on initial reading we consider the policy unfeasible to adhere to.

In the past we have been the only site to offer any kind of user self blocking and this has been entirely voluntary on our part. We consider this system to be the perfect balance between those who want as much data as possible to increase their profitability and those that wish to have privacy.

Steve
SharkScope"

Title of this thread is very misleading, either way Sharkscope will not be "bye bye."

Sounds like they're going to continue to keep the stats up.

If they don't there will be another site that will do it "illegally." I'm not worried about this at all.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Is there any truth to the rumor that Sharkscope is bye bye?

I just found out about this.

I read through the entire thread that Camel posted and I didn't notice anything about a deadline, except to say that there will be some time to comply.

I don't see how PokerStars can enforce this without a technical solution. It'll be interesting to see what happens. SharkScope loses a lot of customers if this goes into place. They might just decide to go with it until they no longer can, if they determine this'll maximize the duration of their business. Like someone else said, there will just be underground sites unless there is a technical solution, which I don't see as possible unless you're not allowed to observe SNGs that you're not playing in.

[ QUOTE ]
Those who have no objection to their cashes being displayed (but not more detailed statistics) need do nothing. - PS rep

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so subjective as to what qualifies as "detailed". What if SharkScope decides that instead of displaying ROI they display a "Investment Rating" thats on a scale of -10 to 10? How about "Losing player" and "Winning player"? What about # of games? If it winds up being absolutely nothing, then SharkScope, if it complies, is going the way of the dinosaur...