Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: laydown top set?

your getting around 4-1 on your money (and maybe more if seat 2 calls) which is about the right odds that you need to draw to a full house. In addition there is the chance you are still ahead. I get all my money in here.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it folds around to me in the BB I have 200$ I raise to 15$ with KsKd both players call.
Flop Jh Td 7S.
I lead out for 45$

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-19-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your getting around 4-1 on your money (and maybe more if seat 2 calls) which is about the right odds that you need to draw to a full house. In addition there is the chance you are still ahead. I get all my money in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't get all my money in here if I didn't have to, but like you said this is an easy call on the full-house draw alone.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CAterp. this was never a bad beat! I called off my money with the worst hand. Obviously your not capable of pondering a laydown with a big hand. For some players this is a spot to reason not just blindly shove

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP AND LEAVE GO TO SOME WEBSITE LIKE POCKETVIES OR RALEBIRDS kthxbye
Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 AM

I raise more PF you've got two limpers so i'd make it $12.

As played get it all in after his raise. A lot of weaker hands will call here. Of course the straight is also in his range but I think that is about 20% of his range the rest of his range we crush obviously.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:15 AM

lol, make it 15 pf, shove with a fist pump over his turn raise.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:21 AM

you're ahead too often in this spot and even if you're not you have the boat draw. I get it in here most of the time
Old 08-19-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise more PF you've got two limpers so i'd make it $12.

As played get it all in after his raise. A lot of weaker hands will call here. Of course the straight is also in his range but I think that is about 20% of his range the rest of his range we crush obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

20%? How do you come up with this number?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:27 AM

just a quick guess on the way the hand played and wich hand actually had the straight draw and how likely it is that these hand are still in the pot. It is not stoved or anything so I can be way off.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:32 PM

paxpres -

Don't worry about everyone yelling at you. Stick around here a while and you'll get the feel of things. Whenever someone posts a hand that's a bit of a cooler, people kind of flip out.

So, preflop, definitely raise more. In live 1/2 poker it's good and reasonable and even normal to make it 12-15 preflop here. You get called so much here, why not raise big and get a big pot going and charge junk hands like Q9o to see a flop.

On the flop you want to lead out big, which you did. Good.

On the turn, it is perfectly reasonable to assess the situation here and contemplate a fold. In live 1/2, I REALLY feel the minimum hand that raises the turn multiway for stacks here is a set. That guy almost never has a 2pair or a draw or whatever - it's a set or a straight. You're definitely going to be beat here some of the time.

Now, you already got half your stack into the pot, and you're now getting ridiculously good pot odds to continue. Even if you are *sure* he has the straight, you're getting close to the right price to draw to a full house. The times that he has a worse set, and the random time that he is doing something crazy makes up for the times your beat. It's a profitable call, and it sucks you lost - but you HAVE to get your money in here.