Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:20 PM

Default New Internet Biz for You to Review

Hello Everyone,

I've been working diligently on launching an internet company for over a year now. It launched last thursday, and I'd like to get some feedback from you marketing gurus.

Essentially, the company has amalgamated personal development, with network marketing, social networking, and brought it 100% online. Very much like the hit movie, The Secret, but with an affiliate program thrown in.

Already had a tremendous response in week one (400 members from 10 different countries) but always looking for ideas on how to increase our conversion rate.

www.pentamovement.com

Thanks for your time and care.

Andrew

(If I posted in the wrong section please move. I just remember there being a forum last year when I frequented 2+2 that analyzed member's internet businesses.)
Old 08-18-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Spam Alert

If this isn't spam I don't know what spam is
Old 08-18-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: New Internet Biz for You to Review

The site is clean, works fine in FF2 but that music is just way too cheesy. I had to turn it off before going further.

How are you getting the word out? Posting on forums?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:46 PM

MrBlue - Thank you kindly for the feedback. We've wondered about the music too. We like it as we're trying to deliver an emotional punch to the site, but we're also humble enough to know we're biased and could be drastically inaccurate.

As a first time viewer, I take it you would have stayed on the site longer if there was no music at all?

Thanks again,

Andrew
Old 08-19-2007, 06:46 AM

I'd just like to open with a link before giving some more productive feedback -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

I hope you're not US or UK based because this really does have pyramid scheme written all over it and I doubt it'll be long before some disgruntled members make the connection and take you to court.

That aside, the site is pretty slick and clean and definitely pushes a lot of the right buttons. The only complaint I'd have about the sales 'copy' is that it focuses a little too much on the top level view and not enough on the details. Sure, you're going to capture a lot of the Internet's unthinking crowd but anyone who pauses for a moment will realise just how little you're really offering.

If it was my site I'd add some more examples of ways in which your site has actually helped people that don't just focus on the affiliate program. We both know that the affiliate program is what you're interested in as a business but a lot of the friendless wonders out there on the Internet aren't going to be so happy about this. A lot of people aren't going to refer their friends because they are basically saying, "I signed up for this site because I suck at life and needed help."

This comes off as a bit negative, which I didn't really intend since I'm sure this will be pretty successful but equally I think it's got a long way to go.

Just my 2c,

Andy
Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM

I'm not the market audience you're looking for anyway. I've follow plenty of stuff at warrior, digitalpoint, and etc so I have an idea how this stuff works.

I found the music off button at least. Would not have stuck around if I didn't find that off button.

Not to take anything away from your biz, but I was hoping this was something novel like when twitter first appeared on the scene.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:56 PM

Andy,

Multi-tier affiliate programs aren't pyramid schemes and are legal (look at the myriad network marketing companies out there). The definition of a pyramid scheme is limited to "Send me $5 and get people to send you $5" without any value added.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:52 PM

So the only real question here is, how many suckers are dumb enough to pay $18 a month for personal development products that they will most likely not follow through with because of their inherent laziness (why else would they be seeking personal development products?) and how many of these suckers can we find and get to sign up.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods please delete this thread or at least remove the link from the OP some somebody isn't duped into this crap.

That obviously isn't a site you created but it was given to you by whatever garbage program you are pimping.

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to con 2+2ers with your post about wanting feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that obvious? If he's an affiliate recruiting members for a personal development site on a poker forum, he may be the least effective affiliate in history. I own a membership website and use affiliate links myself so I can track where sales come from.

I'm not saying he isn't a scammer or affiliate, just saying that it isn't "obvious."
Closed Thread