Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

no one lets you text or talk on the phone while you play live poker. if it came down to it, would you pick AIM over eliminating multiaccounting? i sure wouldn't.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one lets you text or talk on the phone while you play live poker. if it came down to it, would you pick AIM over eliminating multiaccounting? i sure wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. not that it would eliminate multiaccounting or even close to it. but yes I'd pick aim in a second. Now maybe if I could personally close my AIM while playing poker and that magically eliminated multiaccounting I'd do it, but I'd rather not make everyone else do it, cause uh... I want people to want to play poker, and I think people are way more likely to avoid playing poker because they can't use AIM than because of multiaccounting
Old 08-18-2007, 01:13 PM

I think we've talked about this before, but if sites created some kind of mechanism so that you wouldn't be able to run IMs while playing (in the same way you can't run certain apps now) I think you'd be shocked at the toll that would have on online poker because (1) people don't want to know that poker sites can/are scanning their PC activity, and more importantly (2) IMs is one of the few internet addictions whose power exceeds/rivals that of poker, and given the choice between the two a lot of fish would choose their ability to send emoticons to the cute girl in the office over playing poker. Tournaments especially, given the length, would suffer I imagine.

Also to SM,
I'm pretty sure your involvement in this thread is partially serious and mostly rabble rousing and I guess that's fine, if immature. However mlagoo is right, we've been over the Sunday mil thing and we know happened both from a bunch of people in the house, and from gobbo and mlagoo themselves and we have no doubt about the trust. If the same thing had happened and rather than them it was you and JJP, yes there probably would have been a ruckus. That isn't undue prosecution of anything, it's just common sense, people are trusted and given the benefit of the doubt only where they've earned it and if they haven't earned that trust naturally questions, doubts and even accusations are sure to arise.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:39 PM

Matt, it is obviously a similar situation if you pretty much played on Gobbo's advice. I wasn't there, but knowing you I can almost be 100% you weren't.

That is basically the line. Ghosting is a made up word that is too wide to have any meaning. It becomes unethical at some point on an invisible line, which is why it's impossible to define. The reason this whole JJ thing exploded is basically since we know that JJ doesn't give a crap about any lines, so he is way more prone to crossing it.