Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 06:40 AM

Default KJs

No reads on villlains

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds.

I think it's a clear bet with TP.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

After CO's raise I thought that I was beat but decided to call down because of the relatively big pot and the chance to improve or to have the best hand.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Did I play this right?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: KJs

i play it the same
at turn u can be behind but u can also have outs to catch 2 pairs useing u hidden outs

at river i make cry call cus pot is big
Old 08-18-2007, 07:28 AM

This looks fine to me. Folding anywhere would be very bad.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:31 AM

PF: Id raise KJs pre-flop, especially 8-handed.
Flop: ok
Turn:

[ QUOTE ]
After CO's raise I thought that I was beat but decided to call down because of the relatively big pot and the chance to improve or to have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you put CO on here? I don't think we have the odds to call.

River: After Hero's crying turn call, CO shows strength again. Believe him and fold.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:49 AM

CO could have QJ, 2 pair or pair with fd if he play suited cards or he could have a set or maybe even a oesd +fd if he played T9s. There are some hands we are in front of, some hands we have outs against and some hands we are drawing dead against.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO could have QJ, 2 pair or pair with fd if he play suited cards or he could have a set or maybe even a oesd +fd if he played T9s. There are some hands we are in front of, some hands we have outs against and some hands we are drawing dead against.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your estimates you put villain on
88 - 6 combos
33 - 6 combos
A8 sp - 1 combo
T9 s/o - 16 combos (4 suited + 12 unsuited)
KQ sp - 1 combo
AQ sp - 1 combo
QJ - 8 combos
J8 - 9 combos
J3 - 9 combos

You are ahead of 25 combos, drawing against 3 outs against 18 and dead against 12. So based on that range you're ok to call the turn. (even though I might disagree on this hand range)

But since you know also loose against all T9 combos on the river I think its a safe fold
Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 AM

villain doesn't usually play T9 this way, he would raise the flop for a free card often, which is also the best play for him...
Old 08-18-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain doesn't usually play T9 this way, he would raise the flop for a free card often, which is also the best play for him...

[/ QUOTE ]

IF villain is holding T9 raising the flop would be a bad play. Better to call and hope that SB and BB overcalls
Old 08-18-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Based on your estimates you put villain on
88 - 6 combos
33 - 6 combos
A8 sp - 1 combo
T9 s/o - 16 combos (4 suited + 12 unsuited)
KQ sp - 1 combo
AQ sp - 1 combo
QJ - 8 combos
J8 - 9 combos
J3 - 9 combos

[/ QUOTE ]

This range is absolutely ridiculous. Where is JT etc? Where is AK? I'm almost serious about that. U can't assume all villains play logically every time, especially not when the pot is big. We have TPGK on a realtively safe board. Don't fold!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:15 AM

i don't think it's best to go for overcalls with T9 for 3 reasons:

1) if only one of the villains who checked calls the raise it's more profit than both overcalling

2) if the leading bettor only holds the 8 you increase your winning chances by knocking people out

3) the free card is also worth more in case only 1 of them overcalls

-&gt; i'd like the raise with T9 in this spot...

btw. another argument why villain likely doesn't hold T9:

he would not raise the turn...

EDIT: ...unless he has exactly Ts9s