Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Why does the big stack always, always, always win??? (rant)

I'm so sick of the multi-table tourneys at Paradise. I lose every single time with the best hand going in against a big stack (yes, I'm exaggerating slightly when I say *every* time, but it's gotta be close to 85%).

It's insane how often this happens with my opponent drawing to 2 or 3 outs. Tonight was a perfect example--I go all-in with 88 in the SB, but had 4 callers in front of me so I figure my chances are slim. But the BB, the tourney chip leader, raises huge and knocks everybody else out. I'm expecting at least two overcards and probably a big pair but he shows 55! Awesome, I'm in a huge pot (for me) heads-up and my opponent has only two outs! I'm also in the money if I win. But wait, this is ParadisePoker, and I just knew I was going to lose.

Sure enough, my 8's hold up to the river and the river comes a 5.

I'm so f***ing sick of this happening time after time after time, I'm ready to quit the multis at Paradise altogether.

I just can't imagine that the odds say that I'm going to lose all these hands as the favorite going in every damn tourney. &%$%&**$*&***##%&^*$#@%^!!!!!

Ok, you can rag on me now.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Why does the big stack always, always, always win??? (rant)

and here i thought party was the only rigged site
Old 03-09-2006, 02:25 AM

I'm so sick of (insert poker site here). (Poker site) is so rigged in favor of (group of players). Nearly (made up percentage) of the time I get my money in with the best of it, (group of players) win the hand. I am so convinced that (poker site) is not legit, yet I continue to play at (poker site). Does anyone agree with me? It's such BS, next time it happens I'm going to (damage to computer, computer parts, self multilation or murder threats).

I am the unluckiest person alive. I started playing poker (single digit number) (month/months/week/weeks/day/days) ago and was crushing the game, then I (cashed out/won too much) and (poker site) is against me making me lose what I won.

THIS IS SUCH BS.

Create your own bad beat/variance post!!
Old 03-09-2006, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so sick of (insert poker site here). (Poker site) is so rigged in favor of (group of players). Nearly (made up percentage) of the time I get my money in with the best of it, (group of players) win the hand. I am so convinced that (poker site) is not legit, yet I continue to play at (poker site). Does anyone agree with me? It's such BS, next time it happens I'm going to (damage to computer, computer parts, self multilation or murder threats).

I am the unluckiest person alive. I started playing poker (single digit number) (month/months/week/weeks/day/days) ago and was crushing the game, then I (cashed out/won too much) and (poker site) is against me making me lose what I won.

THIS IS SUCH BS.

Create your own bad beat/variance post!!

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh!