Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Default General Situation - What\'s the line

Assumptions:
1) normal 1/2 live game
2) even stacks

Actions:
1) say you get a couple limpers and you have position and put in a raise...and wind up with 2 players but still in position...
2) you whiff the flop but get checked to...I assume correct line (assuming no reads) is to c-bet...
3) your c-bet is called by one limper
4) turn card doesn't appear to help any draws and limper checks...is the correct line to fire again or give up?
5) assume you fire again and they call...
6) river doesn't scare...and get checked to again...you know you can't win without firing again...should you in this spot?

These situations pop up and seem to confuse me...not sure whether to fire on turn and river...i know this is very general but just curious on comments and thoughts how to deal with these types of situations...

Thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: General Situation - What\'s the line

I usually don't c-bet into multiple players unless the board is really dry, and only some portion of the time.

Edit: ESPECIALLY in a live game where people call with everytihng
Old 08-17-2007, 04:18 PM

chaos...thanks...assume then that the preflop raise got it heads up in position...with the same rest of actions
Old 08-17-2007, 04:20 PM

I don't really like firing multiple barrels into unknowns ( some of my recent online opponents might tell you otherwiese [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

It depends on a lot of things really. Stack sizes, history with villain, your image, etc.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:23 PM

The correct decisions in the situation you describe depend a lot on a few variables: your image, your opponent's propensity to call given your image, your opponent's limp-calling range, and the texture of the board and how well it connects to your opponent's limp-calling range. It also depends on the turn cards and how well they connect (or scare) your opponent's limp calling range.

I think about all of these factors before deciding to double or triple barrel. If I have been playing 25/20, I know my oppponent likes to limp-call suited connectors, and is a calling station, I am not going to double barrel a two suit 894 board. On the other hand, if my opponent is a 14/9 nit who likes to limp-call low pp's and call c-bets with them on a low flop (which I've seen quite a few people do) I might bring the heat on the second or even third street, repping tt+, or a k, q, or j if one falls.

Cliff's notes: It's very opponent specific.