Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: How do u like that?

[ QUOTE ]

BTW This post reasures me that river donks = I missed my draw now I bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? For me it seems to be "I just made my draw and I'm afraid it will be checked through even though your raised multiple times previously and have no chance of checking this river through." It's funny when they do this with backdoor draws that come in.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BTW This post reasures me that river donks = I missed my draw now I bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? For me it seems to be "I just made my draw and I'm afraid it will be checked through even though your raised multiple times previously and have no chance of checking this river through." It's funny when they do this with backdoor draws that come in.

[/ QUOTE ]

this REALLY depends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] on how OP plays [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. if he [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] can be see [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]n c/c'ing a [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]pair to the river then donkin [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]g then i fol [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]d. however if he is kinda tag sometimes then i'm calling this river with like anything. though vill [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]ain probably had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and wasn't calling pla [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]ying the board.

This river b [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]et reeks of a br [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]eak in the thought process [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. You're not gonna WA/WB in a limped pot [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. That's ridiculous [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. So something changed on this river.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 AM

I making a lot of value bet on the river.on this board i will bet any Q,J or str8ght.And i will call raise,so believe he have tough desition to make and as he is strong player he can fold all pairs weaker then J.don`t see him calling with A high.no way
Old 08-17-2007, 11:37 AM

you don't play QJ or a straight draw like that on flop/turn - no way. If you have a straight you've made it on the turn.

"he is strong player" - counterintuitive.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:42 AM

Danza beat me to it. But if you played a Q or a J or a straight like that on the flop and turn you suck at poker.

You can not credibly rep anything here and any player with half a brain calls you river donk.

BTW why do you post a hand if you think you played it great? Post it in BBV then.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:56 AM

Let`s say i`m not a bad player my self,but not the best ever.So i like to get some advice,but not like u r donk whay u beting this river.i believe it`s profitable even if he will call with A high,as so many hands not calling.Remember he on button,and probably just trying to take this pot down by donking last to bet.and i`m geting 5to1 odds on my last bet.But ok if u all fink it`s bad play,lets finish this discucion
Sorry about my english i know it`s not good.
ty u all for your chat
Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 PM

there is no merit in your river bet

you are repping exactly what you have

a busted flush draw
Old 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM

I love playing against you guys that bluff at small pots.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 PM

I love these threads by Martynasd. I always get a chuckle.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pot is small.But i`m not risking to much here.he was donking all the time on the button.Probably just testiting me.By last bet i was representing hand like Qxs,wich i might call PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason you won this hand is because he had a draw as well.

You have 2 diamonds, so there are only so many flush draws left.

I'll tell you what, this guy won't have a non pair hand often enough to make this work.

This player isn't ever going to fold a pair here, and btw, you "representing" Qx is retardedly retarded.

No one can have Qx here the way you played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs many players I would check/raise the turn here. Since the villain was last to act on the flop he can have alot of weak hands here that will have a hard time handling this checkraise and I can logically represent a hand that the turn card improved. Basically anyone who is trying to play well is getting check/raised by me 100% of the time in this spot and Im most likely bluffing the river also.