Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Why do we cbet here?

[ QUOTE ]
Me? Because I would always cbet an Ace/air on this flop and not doing so makes it obvious what I have (a hand with some showdown value that doesn't want a big pot).

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 08-17-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Me? Because I would always cbet an Ace/air on this flop and not doing so makes it obvious what I have (a hand with some showdown value that doesn't want a big pot).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that you are consistantly playing with players that are good enough to make notes of this about you and adjust accordingly. Than just start mixing in a few hands here that you would also check the flop with, like FDs, an A, air. Just on occassion to throw them off.

Odds are though, you're not being tracked that closely.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But this gives up a ton of showdown value we have in this hand, imo not worth it to turn this into a bluff. You're not going to get a huge amount of action on your top pair hands just because you bet 2nd pair here as well. I'd rather check behind some air on this flop if I'm worried about being transparent. And then the turn decision becomes opponent dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why make this hand more difficult here than you have to??

Personally Mid-Pair/Bad Kicker is something I would be happy winning w/out a showdown.

C-bet the flop, if he calls/floats OOP, check the turn and be prepared to call a river bluff provided something wacky doesn't come.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:00 AM

I check here the large majority of the time.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But this gives up a ton of showdown value we have in this hand, imo not worth it to turn this into a bluff. You're not going to get a huge amount of action on your top pair hands just because you bet 2nd pair here as well. I'd rather check behind some air on this flop if I'm worried about being transparent. And then the turn decision becomes opponent dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why make this hand more difficult here than you have to??

Personally Mid-Pair/Bad Kicker is something I would be happy winning w/out a showdown.

C-bet the flop, if he calls/floats OOP, check the turn and be prepared to call a river value bet provided something wacky doesn't come.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So to keep you opponent guessing on what you have, you're betting this flop 100% of the time? Counterproductive IMO.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:23 AM

I like a c-bet. you have middle pair HU with position. you won't like to get raised, but most low limit fools smooth call with a mediocre ace here. If he had a good Ace such as AK,AQ,AJ,A-10 he would repop PF. I think a c-bet takes this down a lot of the time. but then again I suck
Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he had a good Ace such as AK,AQ,AJ,A-10 he would repop PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bad assumption to make about a random at NL100.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

C-bet the flop, if he calls/floats OOP, check the turn and be prepared to call a river bluff provided something wacky doesn't come.

[/ QUOTE ]

c-betting and calling a river bet w/ this hand is terrible
b/c villain's river bet is going to be a better jack or a weak ace like greater than 70% of the time. Unless he's really bluff happy.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why does this matter?