Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: hu question

[ QUOTE ]
Closing our eyes and calling flop, turn and river is +EV versus most 'solid' opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it will often be more +EV to fold on some turns and some rivers, but I am usually taking this one pretty far.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Calling flop intending to fold turn is clearly very bad as Dean said. If the guy CRes this flop with 70% as Gaming Mouse asks, betting and calling a raise to raise turn / call down or 3 betting flop is way better than checking behind.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris,

Thx for the reply. That reminded me of another HU question I've been meaning to ask. Say you are opening a pretty standard range on the SB/button. How do you deal with guys that are 3betting you a ton? Obv you can cd your A-hi, maybe even K-hi hands more often.

But how do you play your 98s and stuff when you are 3b by what you know is v wide range and you miss the flop anyway. Eg, you open 98s, dude 3b, you call, flop is:

A T 5 rainbow (1 or 0 of your suit)

Plan or plans?

Thx
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM

If he's 3betting a ton I often cap preflop. I would probably just olimp 67s. These guys usually are too lag postflop, so I am call/folding turn ui alot on a AT5 flop with 1 of my suit. If he's not a total spazz post, and picks up on your straightforwardness, you'll have to get a little game theory on his azz.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 AM

Yes cap wider or (gasp) start open limping (with an optimal range). The latter works pretty well because decent LAGs know you are capping light preflop but they have way less experience against a guy open limping the button but then playing tough after the flop.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-17-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes cap wider or (gasp) start open limping (with an optimal range). The latter works pretty well because decent LAGs know you are capping light preflop but they have way less experience against a guy open limping the button but then playing tough after the flop.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks I have done both of these things but I always feel like I'm doing something wrong by open limping even though it seems correct against certain guys. Thanks.