Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do You believe the video?
No, Of Course not. 13 81.25%
Yes, I am clinically retarded. 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: ONE MONTH OF NL POKER IN FLORIDA

I was at Hollywood last night and they had timed rake. I'm from Seattle so I was a bit confused about how they operate and what games they offer. I was playing the 1/2 NL with a $12 per hour rake. I'm pretty certain that is much better than taking a percentage from the pot. However they also had a 2/5 NL and 5/10 NL. What I dont understand is how can they offer these games if the maximum buy in is only $100?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 PM

Iam planning a trip there next week so I called hard Rock tampa and they said there is no timed rake. The Tourney offered during the day is a $100 crapshot so I think the sit and go play would be better still a turbo but can be aggresive and if busted play the next one. The question I have for the Florida players is it better to play the 1/2 Nl or the 2/5. The whole idea of the max $100 buy-in brings a new strategy to the game because if you play the 2/5 you are only starting with 20 Big Blinds so really any hand you play that even has a small raise will get you pot commited so I would think that a good percentage of hands will be allin and bluffing would be severely restricted.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to be in florida this weekend. is ther a list (locations etc)of florida poker rooms somewhere??

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/pmw/ma...facilities.pdf
Old 08-17-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I dont understand is how can they offer these games if the maximum buy in is only $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people like to GAAAMMMMMMMMMMBUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLL!!!!!!!

This is how you get $10k+ on a $100 buyin 5/10 NL table.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I dont understand is how can they offer these games if the maximum buy in is only $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people like to GAAAMMMMMMMMMMBUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLL!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. A lot of these people are folks who started playing poker to get some action while waiting for post time for the next race. They're not sophisticated at all. They just know that if they keep throwing their money into the game, every now and then they'll hit something big. They just shrug off the frequent big losses as part of the chase for that next big score. Those 5/10 tables are great for that fast-and-furious action.

In the days of $2 max LHE, these were the people who loved that Action Holdem, as the cardrooms called it -- LHE with $2 antes and $2 bets on every street. Those games were wild, six or eight people capping every street to the river chasing that runner-runner gutshot straight. And hell, if the turn missed, well, there's still a chance to pair that J on the river.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:34 AM

dude..... thank you !!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:53 PM

Coconut Creek not going to timed rake either. And yeah we gets lots of Gambloooors here in South FL.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM

Played at the Isle of Capri for my first time yesterday. This room is easily the nicest in all of South Florida. The room seems to be run rather smoothly, although early in the day they were definitely short on people handling dealer fills.

Most of the dealers at my table were very competent, friendly and efficient. There was only one who was really a problem and since he admitted that it was his first day dealing I figure he deserves some slack.

The tables are a nice quality although I don't exactly care for tables with a wooden racetrack. The chairs are all comfortable, on rollers, able to move up and down and have nice cushioned seats and backs.

Cocktail waitresses are not overburdened with tables so drink service is fairly fast. They also had masseuses on the floor yesterday at a rate $2 per minute.

Best of all, the play is absolutely atrocious. I was playing 2/5 there from open to close yesterday and watched guys burning through hundreds like they were water.

I ran badly throughout the whole day and ended up walking out down a few hundred but overall I enjoyed my day there and would definitely recommend anyone that hasn't been to the Isle to check it out. It's definitely worth the trip in my opinion.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:55 AM

The Isle is great IF YOU LIKE YOUR POKER ROOMS LOUD!!!! It's worse with the noisy distractions than Hard Rock ever was.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:58 AM

Oddly enough I didn't find the room loud at all yesterday. There was no music playing over the upstairs loudspeakers and you could clearly hear the calls from dealers for "Floor" "Fill" and "seat open". If I were to make a comparison based on my trip yesterday I'd say that any given day at the HR is louder in my opinion.