Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Need advice on 2 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
i.e. I have Q9o, a few limp in and I check.

flop: 10,2,9.

My current thought is to bet into this, and fold if I get much resistance, but like I said, I don't really have a feel yet for playing these marginal situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to poker (not calling you a newb, just saying, things get difficult quickly). Instead of telling you what I think about this particular hand, I'll refer you to pgs. 122 thru 125 of SSHE. This'll give you a good idea (minus postion) of what to do with middle pair hands.

Thing is, you leave out the texture of the board in your post, so it is hard to say exactly what you should do.. Also, you do not tell us how many players you are up against. You tell us a few people limp in, but what are their limping standards? You see what I'm getting at?

It all just takes time, trust me. And I'm not even there yet! There are plenty of people on here that can tell you that! But the best thing to do is just to keep posting hands and keep discussing them.

The key is to discuss many different situations in depth.. you'll eventually come to one situation similar to one you've discussed and be able to make a quick decision in game. That's how you'll get better. So keep posting.

Nick
Old 08-17-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i.e. I have Q9o, a few limp in and I check.

flop: 10,2,9.

My current thought is to bet into this, and fold if I get much resistance, but like I said, I don't really have a feel yet for playing these marginal situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex, I hope realise that your K10s hand is much stronger on the flop. I only mention it because you need to be careful of trying to pigeonhole them into the same box.

TP2K on a flop with 2 low cards with good position >> 2P3K on drawy flop when out of position
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 AM

First hand think about raising pf. Depends on ur reads MP2. Bet the turn, call down if aggro villain raises.
Second hand call down. Villain is way too aggro to fold good hands like this.