Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Easy fold on the turn?

only 15 minutes of play with my opponent but i know that he is playing position a lot, saw him 3 bet preflop from the button with K9s. Seem very agressive but not a total maniac.

Easy fold? call and check-fold if i don't improve?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
1 fold</font>, MP raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, Hero calls, 1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 6, 9, Q (2 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7 (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, MP 3-bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 08-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Easy fold on the turn?

wow?

Super easy 3bet preflop.

As played super easy flop c/r.

As played I 3bet the flop, but there could be merit to the turn c/r. I don't know, because I have never played a hand similar to this.

Folding HU here against the villain you described is out of the question, no matter how strangely you play it.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow?

Super easy 3bet preflop.

As played I 3bet the flop, but there could be merit to the turn c/r. I don't know, because I have never played a hand similar to this.

Folding HU here against the villain you described is out of the question, no matter how strangely you play it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree on all counts, though I have never been in a spot like this either.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:17 PM

i agree w/ preflop, but i think the best line postflop is going to be c/c, c/r once you play preflop like this. there are so many straight combos that he's gonna bet the turn very often imo - and so often you'll get a calldown out of any pair and possibly AK.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow?

Super easy 3bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree preflop for the 3bet but being out of position, i just called so i can get him on later street if i hit, if not, don't think i can take too much heat OOP with this hand, right?

For the flop, my thinking was that he'll know my hand if i C/R so i donk here (since everybody is checkraising top pair now), my first intention was to 3bet the flop. After all, it's always the reason why i donk the flop but here, i don't know why, i figured out i could C/R the turn so i went for it.

It worked but now, i really don't like my hand too much but like you said, i just can't fold against him even if my informations are not based on strong knowlegde of my opponent. Also i can't think of an hand that i can beat unless he is very spewy... So i don't know what to do here...
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 PM

By the way, this is my usual line (90% of the time) with an hand like 66. I'm going for the 3bet on the flop. Sometimes i play it like this one but i would have caped the turn without hesitation and lead the river.

You don't like this play?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree preflop for the 3bet but being out of position, i just called so i can get him on later street if i hit, if not, don't think i can take too much heat OOP with this hand, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

The three-bet pre-flop is as much (or more) about BB as it is about how you'll deal with PFR once the flop comes.

Also believe you should think through what exactly you're trying to gain with the flop donk in terms of both pursuing perceived equity, potentially "sharing" information about your hand, and potentiallly acquiring info about opponent's hand.