Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 03:02 PM

Default .50/.50 live omaha

effective stacks ~200

8 handed, utg posts live (1), few limps, hero sweetens to 3 with 8TQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] thinking he is the button but is actually the SB, 4 calls.
pot 15, flop is 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero leads out for 12, called by SB and CO, utg and BTN fold.
pot 51, turn (5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero pauses and leads for 50, SB folds, CO (a loose-aggressive player) pauses for 5 seconds and calls.
pot 151, river (5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, CO pauses for 5 seconds again and puts hero all-in for 125, hero snapcalls(?).

Check turn, bluff river, check/fold river, check/fold turn (as if), dont lead flop. Give a reason for your action if you do something else somewhere in the hand. SB is a calling station type and CO is a good laggy player.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: .50/.50 live omaha

OOP if CO is going to float alot there's an argument for check-raising the turn. If we were slightly weaker I'd like to c/c the turn and pot hearts and any pairing card... Against a decently aggressive opponent who might pot the turn in pos w/ air I like a c/r the best since it moves the burden of making the decision over to him, and it gets the rest of the money in where we're in pretty good shape.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:32 PM

Yeah I thought about check/raising but he is the sort who could easily jam the turn with anything with two hearts in it thinking I don't have it or QT+some draw and I was snapcalling it. So I could even get him to bluff raise the turn drawing very slim instead of bet/folding the turn drawing very slim.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:30 AM

well too scaring board, really
KJ J9 wraps beats you

whats your image? how do you think: how often villian suggest you call that?
probably i fold there - lets say i'm villian:
you shown a lot of strenght and a bit commited yourself (i mean with such stack you can go desperaion) so i think its a not very good spot to bluff here.

i think villian has J9wrap
Old 08-16-2007, 05:38 PM

I have to disagree with pretty much everything in the above post.

Its not a scary board at all although at glance it seems like one, there are like you mentioned only two possible straights and villain doesn't bet anything else on the river.

There is no way hero is at all in any way "committed" in this spot, why would you even think you are? You are over 400bbs deep and there is left for almost a potsized bet on the river. And whats that stuff about "with such stack you can go desperation"?

And its a pretty hot spot to bluff the river really because the texture SEEMS so "scary".
Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 AM

huh, commited not the best word to use
i mean some guys feels themselves obligated when they've already placed 50% (ok here is about 40%) of his stack in game, walking with a good hand to the river (as you shown him) and faced with the raise. they really can go tilt and even call (at least in games i've participated online)

if he have a made hand its also reasonable for him to bet full pot because bet size would be much stronger

and btw if he wanted to bluff why didnt he raised turn? turn already was scaring.