Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 06:25 PM
 is offline

Default Re: Betgo spotted at Turning Stone

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure it's one of Newton's Laws. The famous Law of Forearms.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol out loud

[/ QUOTE ]

Was even funnier the first time it was said in the thread
Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 PM

A+ thread.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 PM

I couldn't stop reading...
Old 08-16-2007, 09:08 PM

A+ thread.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i wonder if betgo looks at that picture and goes "damn, are my forearms really that big?" the same way a woman might look at a picture and go "damn, is my ass really that big?"

only i've never seen a picture of a woman and then been told "i don't have a massive ass. it is an illusion of the photograph."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't initially to respond to this stuff, but I really don't have the huge forearms. I did hiking, running, bycicling, and baseball, but I don't think my forearms are unsual.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you DO have huge forearms, who cares? Have Jimmy show you his freakish hands sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what that means...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i wonder if betgo looks at that picture and goes "damn, are my forearms really that big?" the same way a woman might look at a picture and go "damn, is my ass really that big?"

only i've never seen a picture of a woman and then been told "i don't have a massive ass. it is an illusion of the photograph."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't initially to respond to this stuff, but I really don't have the huge forearms. I did hiking, running, bycicling, and baseball, but I don't think my forearms are unsual.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you DO have huge forearms, who cares? Have Jimmy show you his freakish hands sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No wonder the girls go gaga for Gobbo...
Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost choked - priceless.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he has freakish feet too?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:54 AM

As far as the nit business, I assume that it started because half of the final table was playing really weak/tight (and the weak/tight players were literally the first half to be eliminated). I didn't play any hands for the first 40 minutes or so at the final table because I didn't have any cards and didn't an easy stack to steal with. Joe Brooks assumed I was one of the nits. He seems to have a real condescending attitude towards the donks.

On the final table bubble, I had pushed from the BB at Joe Brooks' button raise and made a backdoor flush with A3s to beat his flopped set of tens. Obviously a very close call. I think if he watched how I was playing, he would have realized I wasn't a scared nit.

After I had the two double ups to take the chip lead, I doubled my chip stack again gradually. I know I lost a pretty big pot to the maniac when I flat called his raise and I made a pair of aces and he made trips with junk. I don't know that I lost that much to resteals. I did say both times I folded ATo to Joe Brooks resteals that I thought I had the best hand. He definately got the impression I was playing scared.

I am sure Dragon picked up on Joe's attitude that I was dead money that got lucky. As I implied, I think not respecting his opponent may have cost him when he lost HU ahead 4-1.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the final table bubble, I had pushed from the BB at Joe Brooks' button raise and made a backdoor flush with A3s to beat his flopped set of tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
For his next trick, after folding his big blind to the LAG-y player’s raise about ten consecutive times, he finally reshoved Mr. LAG and was instacalled. This time LAG had a hand: QQ. Milton had A7o. But the flop came 7-7-x, and voila, new chipleader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the luckbox was working aat least.