Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: 25NL - AA first hand i\'m dealt

When in doubt bet 2/3 the pot.

I recall reading that somewhere recently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 PM

I know a lot of people here wont like my answer, but id be more careful on the turn.
At nl25, with 3 players who limped before you, your 5X raise preflop isnt enough. with a small raise like that he could have anything. After the turn, just accept to play for a small pot.

Bet another 3$-4$ after the turn and hope he'll just check and give you another card. Fold to shove.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:16 PM

I never fold this. We're not far behind a made flush, and crushing everything else. If he has QQ, he migh read a $4 bet as weakness from A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or so, and, fearing not to get value with his set, or fearing to be outdrawn, he'll raise, probably big.

If the preflop raise is a little bigger, say $2, and the flop bet pot-sized ($6) then we're +EV shoving into a made flush on the turn. I think there's a book that might help planning the hand that way, but i've only made it to page 46 so far.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 PM

why are some people putting him on QQ i'm curious? i had him on 22, ace rag, or a turned flush myself...
Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 PM

That's actually an interesting question. I was going to answer that "QQ" is more of a nickname for "something that beats top pair, but is way behind your hand", and Ace-rag and such will neither bet nor call the turn, and therefore be irrelevant to your decision.

But this being 25NL, there are villains there who will not fold a baby Ace on an Ace-high board, no matter what, but will never bet out either. Against this kind of villain, you must bet the turn for value. It's your first hand at the table, villain is up around a half buy-in. Is he such a guy?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bet another 3$-4$ after the turn and hope he'll just check and give you another card. Fold to shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you serious? you have top set with nut flush draw in 25NL. you will have to shoot me in the goddamn face to get me to turn loose of my cards.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of people here wont like my answer, but id be more careful on the turn.
At nl25, with 3 players who limped before you, your 5X raise preflop isnt enough. with a small raise like that he could have anything. After the turn, just accept to play for a small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha

hahahahahahaha

seriously wtf

do you understand pot odds?

do you have a clue how much equity we have in the worst case?

you realize we are only 100bb deep, not like 500 or something?

I especially love how you say he could have "anything" and the words "fold" appear afterwards, lol

seriously go play limit or something if you are that scared of putting a stack in, actually gambling in general doesn't seem to make sense for you, play pokemon or something
Old 08-17-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should've grunched this, but too late, i read the results. So i might me a little influenced by them, but anyway:

Should we really bet out on this turn? What better hands fold, what worse hands call? If he has the flush, he is not going to fold. If he has a smaller set or two pair, he might fold to our "obvious" flush.

If villain has a flush, we have 17 outs (7 clubs, 1 Ace, 3 Queens, 3 Deuces, 3 Fours). That's still less than 50% equity. In fact, pokerstove says against his actual holding we have 38%, and if we go all-in we'll put around $20 more into a pot that will end up at around $50, about 40% of the final pot size. So if we fold out all non-flushes on this turn, the all-in is slightly -EV.

If we find a way to get value from non-flushes, like smaller sets, two pairs, or even K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], that changes drastically. Let's put his range at all club connectors, club one-gappers, Queens and Deuces:

[ QUOTE ]

Board: As Qc 2c 4c
Dead:
equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 57.057% 57.06% 00.00% 477 0.00 { AcAh }
Hand 1: 42.943% 42.94% 00.00% 359 0.00 { QQ, 22, KcJc, JcTc, Jc9c, Tc9c, Tc8c, 9c8c, 9c7c, 8c7c, 8c6c, 7c6c, 7c5c, 6c5c, 5c3c }

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this looks more like a CRAI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit I haven't played all that much nl25, I usually play 100 or 200, but from what I have played, they pay off way too much

honestly that range is about as bad as it can get for you and you have 57% equity, in reality the range is much wider, and pretty much everything else you add you have absolutely destroyed
Old 08-17-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha

hahahahahahaha

seriously wtf

do you understand pot odds?

do you have a clue how much equity we have in the worst case?

you realize we are only 100bb deep, not like 500 or something?

I especially love how you say he could have "anything" and the words "fold" appear afterwards, lol

seriously go play limit or something if you are that scared of putting a stack in, actually gambling in general doesn't seem to make sense for you, play pokemon or something

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, [censored] that. I'm not folding this [censored] 500 BB deep either. We have half the deck working for us in a worst case scenario. I get this [censored] in if my whole bankroll is on the table everytime.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 AM

I think you played it well on the turn, we can't check the turn because Kc (as in KcKd) is going to check behind a lot of the time, so we are better off charging him for it. With ace-rag he might bet, but I guess he would have raised that on the flop to find out were he stands and otherwise he might just check behind. 22 wil checkraise, allin just like clubflushes, QQ is a far to unlikely holding just like AQ or AJ.

I would raise more preflop though and almost pot the flop, makes it easier to get it allin there!!!