Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

also are we gonna play madden for bankrollz(my BR is only up to 100 dollars) a game or not?

MOD? may i please get an OK to start an official thread? i can escrow for less post players if yall want
Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the interception is crazy though, but all of them were bad passes i guess

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played 6 games thus far and have only thrown 2 ints. I just don't throw into double coverage/set the qb's feet/throw the ball away alot.

BTW are you on ps3? If so I'm up for a $$$ game.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Anyone play both NCAA and Madden... I'd like thoughts on one vs the other... Last year I liked NCAA better
Old 08-16-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played Madden since a game or two of the first one where they put in the QB vision cones (2 or 3 years?) after playing Madden nearly every year. Last night, I played 1 O series and 1 D series and I was thoroughly confused. Could they make this game any more complicated? Every button does something and there are icons and all sorts of stuff popping up on the field.

Also, the announcer blows. It's the most boring, monotone guy that sounds like he is recording his lines via cell phone.

I know I'll eventually get used to this game, but seriously at some point you've put enough realism into the game. I don't like to do much more than just pick a play and snap the ball. Instead I have to go through 18 steps to make sure I'm getting the best matchups and reads and stuff. Madden has become too hardcore and no longer is easy to play on a casual level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

here here, i second this completely

between whats mentioned above, and a couple other poor presentation choices (playcalling in general, i would prefer the 3 plays on the screen at once old method) this game disappoints in a few areas.

That being said, I still think theres plenty of fun to be had while playing it, and Im not going to quit on it just yet.

Best Madden to date in my book is still Madden 2002 for PS1.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:19 PM

Well I finally picked it up. I'll play anyone on 360 for rollz lol

I like it, it's definately better than last year's version. Anyone who says it isn't either doesn't play it much or just hasn't played it enough this year. There's some vast improvements. I guess if all you do is pick a random play and run it then it would be the same as last year, but if you actually get deeper into the strategy and playcalling it's much improved. Hell, just having the Defensive Playmaker now makes it leaps and bounds ahead of last year's Madden.

So far the D has been pretty crazy, but I've been playing on All-Madden and with the Ravens and Raiders, so obv I'm not gonna complete many passes. I need to try out a good Offensive team like maybe the Colts or Pats, someone with an accurate QB. Every fumble I had was with the highlight stick or right after using it, so I need to lay off that a bit and use the cover ball button more in traffic. Overall I like it though. When I get my XBOX Live set up I'll post my gamer tag so we can play.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:39 PM

I was just told there is no create a player feature (at least on Wii). Is this correct? This is seriously a deal breaker for me, as I'm deciding between this and Mario Strikers.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just told there is no create a player feature (at least on Wii). Is this correct? This is seriously a deal breaker for me, as I'm deciding between this and Mario Strikers.

[/ QUOTE ]

create a player is in on 360, dunno about wii
Old 08-16-2007, 11:26 PM

Wii online definitely sucks, I gave it a chance, I needed a new addiction, but it is unplayable for someone who wants a football simulation. Fumbles on kickoffs and QB runs are out of control. QBs receive no protection against blitzes coupled with poor pass recognition means tons of sacks which results in fumbles. And why is there a lag on the play select screen? That makes no sense at all if there isn't a lag in the game. If you haven't opened it take it back, if you must buy it at least buy mine for $40...PM me.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:30 PM

Where do I find the sliders in franchise mode? I have looked everywhere and have had no luck.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 AM

On second though, you know what?? this game sucks my ass.. its the same old crappy madden that i didnt buy since 2005... i shoulda waited one more year i guess. they havent fixed any of the actual problems with the gameplay, and any additions are offset but terrible design choices.