Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Misplayed this one I think

BB is 23/19/4 over ~25 hands. My feeling is that I should've folded or raised/folded pre.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($108.30)
SB ($54.85)
BB ($52.95)
UTG ($37.80)
MP ($51.10)
Hero ($49.15)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6.5</font>, Hero calls $4.25.

Flop: ($12.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

BB bets $9, I?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Misplayed this one I think

Calling in position is perfectly fine against this guy. You're now in a WA/WB situation, really can't fold your hand (he cbets a whole lot worse, 4 combos of AK and one each of AA, KK) I call, intending to call down or to check behind on a blank turn and then valubet the river (against JJ-QQ, Ax) if checked to again.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling in position is perfectly fine against this guy if he has been 3betting you. You're now in a WA/WB situation, really can't fold your hand (he cbets a whole lot worse, 4 combos of AK and one each of AA, KK) I call

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 PM

We're in the CO (we've got a pretty wide range for raising), he's on the looser side of TAG and is probably positionally aware (realizes we're likely stealing), don't think that I'm folding this ever.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:11 PM

If he's been 3betting me frequently then surely a 4bet is better than a call, no?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're in the CO (we've got a pretty wide range for raising), he's on the looser side of TAG and is probably positionally aware (realizes we're likely stealing), don't think that I'm folding this ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 25 hands. Certainly more likely that he's good and is a TAG. But I'm not ready to assume he's a good positionally aware TAG who 3bets lightish.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's been 3betting me frequently then surely a 4bet is better than a call, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's 3betting light and you 4bet he folds all the weaker hands like suited connectors low pairs, etc. and keeps going with his big pairs, maybe AK. This may be good if you decide to 4bet ATC as a bluff. But IMO with AQ you can play pretty good against that 3betting range in position so I like a call given certain conditions.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:22 PM

Should we not be folding hands like AQo to 3 bets from unknowns (after 25 hands villian is unknown no?)

What xanta is saying is relevent against a known villian but against someones whos just sat down... I need more evidence to prove that they are 3 betting light before calling with AQo

I call and reevaluate when the turn comes... at least AA,KK &amp; AK are a little less likely now on the plus side [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 07:23 PM

If we see a flop i'm forced to make all sorts of assumptions about his range and cbet frequency, all of which could be way off and cost me my stack. I'm tempted to think he'll 3bet with a decent sized range and then cbet most flops but then if I think that I pretty much have to raise him on the flop.

At least if I 4bet (or fold) I can be pretty sure of what i'm dealing with and can play the hand perfectly from then on.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:24 PM

ah I need to be quicker... that ll teach me for watching old EPTs while posting [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]