Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: multiaccounters caught?

Full Tilt should also allow name changes. It's pretty lame that they don't.

Also what about all the Cardrunners vids etc where different accounts are used - ban everyone there too?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I've heard, FTP froze every account that JJ has either logged into from his computer and every account that has been played on on a computer that JJ's account logged into. I know of at least 4 players other than JJ who got their FTP accounts frozen, only one of whom was a multi-accounter. I hope that many of these account freezes are just temporary while Full Tilt investigates- otherwise it seems a big unfair? I'm not entirely sure of the full extent of this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally standard by FTP.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's a huge difference between multiaccounting MTTs, where you've got more than one horse in a tournament, and sharing accounts online.

The later has been mosty allowed by various sites, is pretty common place, and I wouldn't consider it cheating. Simply an artifact of the online environment.

The former is gross and nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's okay to deceive people? It's okay for someone to use the account of a player whose style you are well acquainted with, whom you've played many times before, not volunteer he is not in fact that player and proceed to steamroll you heads up playing an entirely different game?

This may not be cheating but it sure as hell isn't above board.

Just once I'd like to see you 100% squarely on the right side of an issue having to do with scumbags ruining the game instead of making excuses, locking threads and banning people for bringing it up.

[/ QUOTE ]About a year back Fossilman said in stars chat that he had won $100k+ "playing Ram Vaswani's cards" I didn't catch all the details, but IIRC Ram had some place to be and Greg finished a tournament for him. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done that if it was against policy...

edit: I've also done similar things with my brother when I have had power outages and such and don't have a problem with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got this from PS T+C. Seems like Fossilman and you were totally within the rules--or at least close depending on the situation with Ram...

It only seems to relate to tournaments (didn't see anything similar for cash games or anything).

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/

With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars.

Examples:

1. You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.
2. You and a friend, who is a tournament pro, are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.
3. You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.
4. Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

"Account sharing for any purpose is not permitted on PokerStars."

Looks like they have a new policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Star's new policy is to stop a "problem" that occurs because of their own draconian rules. If they allowed users to change their screen names every 6 months we probably wouldn't be having this discussion, isnt that ironic?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i really do think...
Old 08-16-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
great JJ's horse under his control won last nights ftops sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

plattsburgh is a JJ horse???

oh this is good
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2005/0...-with-lee.html
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

"Account sharing for any purpose is not permitted on PokerStars."

Looks like they have a new policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Star's new policy is to stop a "problem" that occurs because of their own draconian rules. If they allowed users to change their screen names every 6 months we probably wouldn't be having this discussion, isnt that ironic?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i really do think...

[/ QUOTE ]

Urgh I hate myself for lol'ing
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From what I've heard, FTP froze every account that JJ has either logged into from his computer and every account that has been played on on a computer that JJ's account logged into. I know of at least 4 players other than JJ who got their FTP accounts frozen, only one of whom was a multi-accounter. I hope that many of these account freezes are just temporary while Full Tilt investigates- otherwise it seems a big unfair? I'm not entirely sure of the full extent of this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally standard by FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it might be a bit extreme, I'm fine w/ them erring on this side of the issue. If they don't have all the facts and need to investigate, it would be nearly impossible to choose which accounts to freeze and which ones not to. If they only froze a couple, the others would be able to cash out (or transfer) the money they won cheating making it hard for FTP to distribute the funds to the people that deserve them.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What was the "savagegamble fiasco"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About a year back Fossilman said in stars chat that he had won $100k+ "playing Ram Vaswani's cards" I didn't catch all the details, but IIRC Ram had some place to be and Greg finished a tournament for him. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done that if it was against policy...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

I played for Ram in a LIVE chinese poker game during that took place at the same time as the final table of the 2006 EPT Grand Finals in Monte Carlo. They were playing for $2K per point, and he wanted to sweat Ross Boatman at the final table. Ross got knocked out before I finished the first hand, but Ram liked how I played so much he went to the bar, and I continued playing for him. All 3 opponents were obviously aware of the situation, and did not object.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)