Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 08:25 PM

Default Re: AKo vs a Lagtard

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise preflop and checkraise the flop, if he 3 bets the flop just fold, like you said he'll reraise if he hits at all

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this guy. I like the check raise because this guys seems decently agressive not eveyone raises on the button to steal the blinds. I figure if you bet the flop he will probably raise you anyways because of position. I wait for him to bet because you know he will and then check raise him. However you need to reraise preflop, that would solve a lot of the problems here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it won't, cause he will cap with everything. Then I am in a position of flopping nothing 1/3 of the time, but having him beat more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still 3 bet pf. If he caps, you're still ahead of his hand ranges. If you hit the flop, c/r. if not you can c/c him down if he will keep betting with air unless the board is really ugly or if you improve.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:37 PM

You should relish the opportunity to play back at a stupid super-LAG with a premium hand like A-K. Three bet preflop and bet the flop. Unless the board is awful, get to showdown cheaply if you miss and he raises the flop. If he has a worse hand he'll keep betting it if you both miss.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:49 PM

I liked the way you played it postflop. If, for example, villain has a flush draw on the flop, he may pump it if you check-raise the flop. He might then bluff you out of the pot on the turn or the river. This way you keep your investment small with your marginal hand (which may be best), and allow villain to keep throwing in chips with the 2nd best hand.

What I don't agree with is the preflop call. I would feel more comfortable 3-betting preflop and then betting the flop. That would remove a lot of the uncertainty that is involved in your line.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked the way you played it postflop. If, for example, villain has a flush draw on the flop, he may pump it if you check-raise the flop. He might then bluff you out of the pot on the turn or the river. This way you keep your investment small with your marginal hand (which may be best), and allow villain to keep throwing in chips with the 2nd best hand.

What I don't agree with is the preflop call. I would feel more comfortable 3-betting preflop and then betting the flop. That would remove a lot of the uncertainty that is involved in your line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't 3 bet preflop because against this particular opponent, I am seeing the showdown 100% of the time. If I c/r him, and he has total air, he's folding, if he has something, I'm getting 3 bet. If I check raise this flop, and get three bet, I have to fold the turn. Because when I get three bet, I'm losing a lot more than I'm winning now.

I was going to c/c all the way, and c/r A K on the river. That was the plan.

By 3-betting preflop, I let him know I have a bigger hand, and he may be less inclined to spew chips with his Q4o or whatever.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By 3-betting preflop, I let him know I have a bigger hand, and he may be less inclined to spew chips with his Q4o or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not good. If he is a true super-LAG, you should be 3 betting him with more than just premium hands. That way, when you three bet preflop, he won't automatically put you on a big hand like A-K. Also, it's nice to get the money in with the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to c/c all the way, and c/r A K on the river. That was the plan.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I understand this, you were going to cr this river? Why? He'll fold his bluffs and call you with anything that beats you. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.