Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 08:46 PM

Default I have a horrible disease 5/5 NL live

I want to win every pot. Part of my problem in NL is that the only ways I know how to play is like a complete nit or like a psycho. Before this hand I had been playing pretty nitty so when he bet this turn I had an uncontrollable urge to take the pot away. Villain has only $500 or so and I cover. He is pretty loose and not good but not as bad as the rest of the table, he gives me a decent amount of respect as I have played limit with him before plus I have shown down only premium hands in this game.

1 limp, villain raises to $15 in CO, I call on button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls, limper calls

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot $65)
Check to me, I check (should I just take the pot now?)

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Check to villain who bets $40, I'm not going to let him win this pot so I raise to how many dollars?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: I have a horrible disease 5/5 NL live

It doesn't need to be much, $100 should do it. I bet the flop though, against a tough player your hand looks like nothing so he should shove or reraise you on the turn but these guys won't do that.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-16-2007, 09:14 AM

if you need to win every pot it starts with 3betting pre and betting this flop. this is a horrible disease i still suffer from
Old 08-16-2007, 12:34 PM

in general i prefer playing like a psycho ... who knows when to give up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

either fold or 3bet pre... as played I always just bet when they ck cuz they ck fold way more than they do anything else and we only need him to fold half the time if we pot it so juts bet less and then he needs to fold even less

if u want to ck behind and ur not giving up the pot I like the raise but seriously online everytime villain takes this line its [censored] and I call with Kx JJ and watch them ck behind the river and MHIG (anyone else notice this)... 100-120 should be a fine raise to take this down, u should be able to move plenty of nits off their Kx hands (and definitely worse) becuz they think "oh nos ck behind then raise the turn... hes trap me" when really heros line is BS way more often (think about it why would u ck behind with a real hand when the most likely place they ll put money in with weakish hands is when u are just making the flop bet ud make everytime when they ck even with air, even more true when ur the preflop raiser).
Old 08-16-2007, 04:28 PM

i think i have the same disease starting out in 50nl. but i have this extra side effect that would give me an uncontrolable urge to bet this flop if checked to about 98% of the time