Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 PM

Default I want to go to Cuba

I am from the US with a US passport. How is this done? Experiences from someone who has been there recently?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: I want to go to Cuba

Not recently but 2 and a half years ago I (US Citizen w/US passport) went to Cuba for a good friend's bachelor party. One of his best friends is from Toronto and vacations in Cuba every winter. This Canadian set up everything for us once we got to Cuba so the only thing we had to do was get to Cuba.

We flew from Tampa to Nassau and then Nassau to Havana. Cuba passport control didn't stamp our passports and there really wasn't anything special about traveling to Cuba. The only concern I had was that my passport had an entrance and exit stamp from the Bahamas and then another Bahamas entrance and exit stamp 4 days later with no documented travel in between. I was told not to worry as Caribbean passport control can be a little lax. In the end it didn't matter as US Customs barley looked at my passport returning to Tampa.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Hmm, that's interesting. I've heard about doing it that way in the past, but I've also heard that more recently it's become tougher (but not sure why or even where I heard those rumors).
Old 08-16-2007, 03:44 PM

I went in 2000. THere is another thread on Cuba in this forum. I flew Seattle-Mexico City-Havana and back the same way.

KJS