Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Default $50NL SB play-flopped 2 pair facing turn minraise?

Villian is 37/4 over ~150 hands.

Bodog No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($10.15)
UTG+1 ($53.70)
MP1 ($81.40)
MP2 ($61.05)
CO ($67.80)
Button ($25.60)
Hero ($50.00)
BB ($49.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero bets $2 BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls $2, Button calls $2.

Turn: ($9) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hero bets $7, CO folds,Button raises to $14, Hero ?.

What do I do now?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: $50NL SB play-flopped 2 pair facing turn minraise?

Pot the flop. I might call and re-evaluate, but you don't have much invested at this point, which helps incase you decide to get away from it. I think AF is key again here, but this is a multiway, limped pot, as played, I can probably get away from it.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 AM

Why did you bet the turn? I'm checking there I think and calling down, unless he gets ridiculous. He has min raised you twice now. I think it's time to fold, or else you are probably going to have to call a big river bet.

EDIT:: Geez I can't read.

Okay second try. Call. C/C (a reasonable bet) the River.

My reasoning is these donks that play 40% of their hands love to min/reraise with anything, I think because we hate it so much.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:45 AM

LL79-you say call and revaluate, then you say I dont have much invested, but I now have invested $16 into this pot if I call the raise. The villian only had $25 to start the hand. He only has $9 left after the minraise. How does that effect our decision?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LL79-you say call and revaluate, then you say I dont have much invested, but I now have invested $16 into this pot if I call the raise. The villian only had $25 to start the hand. He only has $9 left after the minraise. How does that effect our decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for not taking that into account. I think it's a push now.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 AM

If you call the min raise it's much harder to fold. The 9 definitely fills some draws, so it's a suck card. You can call and reevaluate, or you can just dump it w/o calling the min raise. The $7 bet should have given you clean enough info to make an informed decision.

Edit: I can't give you unbiased answers now as I have already read your blog. But I know the perfect play here, but I won't reveal that, so that others can give their opinions.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 AM

Its just a sucky spot IMO.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:17 PM

With so many people left behind me on this flop I prefer to go for a check-raise and other wise you have to pot it or a little more like 3,50. With the 2,00 bet people get to good odds to chase when somebody else calls. As played I would also have bet the turn charging draws + for value. Now you get checkraised in that spot what means you are looking at two pair at least, I guess the most probable holdings for villain is K9 or 76. Why isn't this a villain who gets frisky? Because you bet the flop into five people and you bet the turn again into two people, that is a sign of strength which even donks recognize, you have at least KQ in this spot in their eyes.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM

6 ways, c/r the flop.

as is c/c turn/river if villain is aggro. otherwise...i dunno, with those stack sizes...tough place.

i don't think i can lay this down, but it's pretty evident what draw just got there. and 6 ways, hard to believe that nobody has that.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 PM

well i ended up calling the turn minraise and c/c a push when the 4c hit the turn. I should have folded, but for $9 it was tough.

Villian showed 6c-7c for str8 flush.

I hate playing vs short stacks.