Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Ask Sadat X About Burning Man

[ QUOTE ]
why save your bottled piss?

[/ QUOTE ]

It started b/c the idea of walking to the portapotty in the intense heat to dispose of it wasn't very appealing. Eventually, it got to pretty epic levels and I guess we kept it for absurdity/comic value.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will you have sex with Brandi while there?

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

She's def. not the BM-type...

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall there being something either in a blog or some where about BM too Ray isn't crazy, well he is crazy but not about this
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 AM

I read the wiki on Burning Man and I get the impression that it would be a lot of self-congratulating types trying to one-up eachother with crap like "well I've been coming here since 1996" etc.

Also, hearing anyone use any of the BM "slang" would be embarassing. Do people really call cops "LEOs"?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 AM

that was a cool TR in other thread
Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Do the cops just completely ignore drug use?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will you have sex with Brandi while there?

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

She's def. not the BM-type...

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall there being something either in a blog or some where about BM too Ray isn't crazy, well he is crazy but not about this

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, a very strange coincidence here - I went back to Denver last week and saw my ex (Brandi) and all my friends were asking if we had sex - became sort of a running joke between us. I thought RayPowers was one my buddies busting my balls.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the wiki on Burning Man and I get the impression that it would be a lot of self-congratulating types trying to one-up eachother with crap like "well I've been coming here since 1996" etc.

Also, hearing anyone use any of the BM "slang" would be embarassing. Do people really call cops "LEOs"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do get that vibe from some people. As for the slang, I've never heard anyone use the term LEO.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Sadat,

"She's def. not the BM-type..."

Brandi is apparently a longtime Burner and was active in the Tribe community. Not sure what camp(s) she was in.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:19 PM

I went from 1998-2002. I was going to ask how it's changed but I guess you probably haven't been going that long. I know towards the end of my run theft was becoming an actual problem, which was unheard of before. And chicks were starting to get leary of getting hit on. Which really changed the dynamic and seemed like it cut down on the female nudity and public sexual displays. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But then again I remember when I first went in 1998 hearing old timers bitch about how it wasn't as good as it had been in the past. So I always just figure a lot of that is perception.

How's the weather been? 98 was brutally hot during the day and still warm at night, which is always awesome for all the nudity. Also the worst duststorm I saw happened that year. Freaky mad max looking creatures coming out of the brown haze with visibility of just a few feet. That was pretty cool. 99/00 was not super hot during the day and ridiculously cold at night. So people were highly clothed and generally just shuffling from fire source to fire source. 01/02 were gorgeous except for a couple days of duststormy. Not super hot during the day and fairly nice at night.

It's a little hard for me to wax poetic about BM now, since it's 5 years in my past. But it definitely had a huge positive influence on my life. All my life up to that point I kind of felt like the villiage weirdo. Then I finally found an entire tribe of villiage weirdos. I think BM was the first time in my life I really felt comfortable in my own skin. Also there are now 20 or 30 people scattered around the country who are all now friends and go to each other's weddings, etc. because in the second year I went, my next door neighbor traded me some shrooms for E. Love [censored] like that. I know a dozen other mindboggling coincidence and life-changing stories surrounding BM. I wouldn't trade my experiences there for the world.

I would say, at least in the years I went, that it's almost impossible to have a bad time. No matter how much it was built up, and I've heard a lot of others who went say this - while they were there and after they came back, BM still exceeded expectations. I can't really think of any other experience in life that I could say that about.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went from 1998-2002. I was going to ask how it's changed but I guess you probably haven't been going that long. I know towards the end of my run theft was becoming an actual problem, which was unheard of before. And chicks were starting to get leary of getting hit on. Which really changed the dynamic and seemed like it cut down on the female nudity and public sexual displays. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a note in any festival type community (Phish, Grateful Dead etc for examples) The "older" Generation of fans/festival goers always complain about how it "used to be"