Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 11:00 AM

Default JJ faces resistance - 25NL

SB is new to the table and has seen me PF raising quite often.

This seems like the classic WA/WB except I flopped a gutter. I don't see fold as an option here as I think his range is 99+, AK, AQ. I'm behind most of this range naturally and figure I have 6 clean outs.

Do we

A) Raise him and fold to a push - this will put $9 with a minraise of our $25 effective stack in there -- not leaving much room to fold are we?
B) Call and fold to a strong turn bet provided we dont spike one of our 6 outs -- I think I prefer this line.
C) Raise strong, call a push -- I think this is bad since it lets him play perfectly -- we're not beating anything except the ak,aq hands.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $25.10
BB: $26.00
UTG: $37.05
MP: $19.30
Hero (CO): $28.70
BTN: $10.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.85</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.00

Flop: ($5.95) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>
Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: JJ faces resistance - 25NL

call and re-evaluate turn
Old 08-16-2007, 11:07 AM

Villain shows weakness with a baby flop bet. I try to raise villain out of this pot. If villain calls raise, proceed on later streets with caution.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 AM

I raise and fold to a push. If he flat calls, proceed w/ extreme caution.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:30 AM

How can this be WA/WB? You have a marginal hand and you'll very rarely be WA. Even against AK you're not WA. The majority of hands that aren't beating you now could easily beat you later. This is an easy spot to raise and then fold to a re-raise.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:45 AM

I put him on AQ, AK, KQ, could be a PP as well. His cbet looks weak, I would raise and fold to a reraise since it would be set indication for me, certainly not call, what are we looking for on the turn, set and runner runner straight seems to far away and we also have too many scarecards to come.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:46 AM

If you raise here -- lets say to $11. I have put $14 of my initial $25 effective in the pot. That leaves $11 to call into a $39 pot once he pushes.

I have 25% equity against 99+ for his range once he pushes, and I have 35% equity if we add in 88 to his push range. So, I need 3:1 at worst to call and I'm getting 3.5:1.

If I minraise, I can fold to a push. But then again, minraise lets him draw cheaply with decent implied odds.

I should have said SA/WB, missed it. My bad.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise here -- lets say to $11. I have put $14 of my initial $25 effective in the pot. That leaves $11 to call into a $39 pot once he pushes.

I have 25% equity against 99+ for his range once he pushes, and I have 35% equity if we add in 88 to his push range. So, I need 3:1 at worst to call and I'm getting 3.5:1.

If I minraise, I can fold to a push. But then again, minraise lets him draw cheaply with decent implied odds.

I should have said SA/WB, missed it. My bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't need to raise to $11. A raise to $8 or $9 will accomplish the same thing, I think. I don't know what else you can really do. If you call, every turn card is going to be scary for your hand. Any A, K, Q, T, 9, 7, 6 diamond, hell, even a J.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 PM

8 is a pretty small raise, but might be the best answer. It commits $11 of $25 and makes the odds 2.5:1 to call a push which we don't have against that range.

Still, a fairly close one given that line.

Call leaves a lot of scary cards out, but has benefits. A,K,Q and he bets strongly obviously is a fold. Blank and he bets strongly I think can be taken as being beat (good for him if he could 2-barrel AK/AQ with no pair). Another weak bet on a blank and I think it becomes a push. He checks and we peel a free card...

I'm just not sure on this hand. I think call and raise both have their ups and downs. Would love to hear some more opinions.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Raise for protection, and bet a safe turn if the moron calls.