Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Post your well played hands

[ QUOTE ]
thehip41 - awful turn check. river play is bad as well imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, This is easily the dumbest thing you have ever said given the fact that Ive never seen you write anything dumb before. Youve been around long enough to know Thehip41 knows how to play poker. Thehip41 knows all the standard lines just as well as you do, so if he takes a non-standard line you should already know he has a very good reason for it.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if I told you that the button is going to bet about 95% of the time here. He's one of those "bet when checked to guys"

[/ QUOTE ]
i'd ask you why you wouldn't put that in your OP, since w/o this information the turn play is horrible because they can have a combined 10+ outs against you (and tag will almost always fold his 6 outs to your bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

you should know that i know all the right plays, so if I do check, i have a good reason for it [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 AM

it is completely retarded to post a hand like that in a "well played hands" thread and not include the read which led you to play it that way.

does this not make sense? i don't want to ruin this thread so i'm done, but i think my point is pretty clear.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is completely retarded to post a hand like that in a "well played hands" thread and not include the read which led you to play it that way.

does this not make sense? i don't want to ruin this thread so i'm done, but i think my point is pretty clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement doesnt make sense: "awful turn check. river play is bad as well imo"

Thehip41 is not some beginning player. He knows all the standard lines in the game. He has no life just like me. Me and him talk about poker on the phone for hours with our pants around our ankles practically every day.

You may not like the fact that he posted no reads and thats fine. All Im saying is that when someone who knows all the standard lines takes a nonstandard line it is imprudent to rush to judgement.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 AM

Can I post a hand I played badly but that looked good?

Live 6 handed 8/16. Aggro donk fish limps UTG. I raise ATo next in. Folds to fish who calls.

Flop Kx6d4d. Fish checks, I bet, Fish check raises, I 3 bet, fish calls.

Turn Jc. Fish checks. I value check.

River 3s. Fish bets. I instacall. Fish has Td7d.

BTW I still haven't made my mind up yet over who was the bigger fish in this hand, me or him.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:57 AM

Button is an idiot that is tilting hard & bluffing hopelessly @ nrly every pot.

Here is an example of previous hopeless bluffs: linky from Micro's NC

I thought I had a chance of being ahead of OTB, if I could get it HU @ SD. Otherwise I was just spewing lol!

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4s 4h (one pair, fours).
Button has Qc Ac (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.25 BB. </font>

Edited to add: If this guy had anything decent, he was more likely to slowplay &amp; would try to disguise his hand. You know the type, will check behind with flopped set etc.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:25 AM

reads based hand:

<u>notes on player</u>
1. does not raise 55/66/99/QQ/KK preflop.
2. does not raise K5/K6/K9/KQ preflop.
3. does not raise 65 preflop.
4. does not raise Q5/Q6/Q9 preflop.
5. does not raise 95/96 preflop.
6. does not raise JT preflop.
7. will cap flop and turn w/ oesfd.
8. will cap every street with TP with suited hole cards.

so my thoughts are as follows -

1. i am only beaten by 55/66/99/QQ/KK, K5/K6/K9/KQ, 65, Q5/Q6/Q9, 95/96, JT, and 87. however, he will not raise preflop with 55/66/99/QQ/KK, K5/K6/K9/KQ, 65, Q5/Q6/Q9, 95/96, or JT.

2. thus, i only have to worry about 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], whereas I beat all suited kings (except for chopping with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

3. doing combo analysis, this makes every street very easy. there is only one combo of 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but there are so many suited kings I beat. see the results for proof - he has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

4. this is an example of a reads-based play (i know all the standard lines fwiw).

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (15.5BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 23.5BB
<font color="#ffffff">CO Shows 2c Kc</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero Shows Kh Jh</font>
Old 08-16-2007, 02:46 AM

What a strange player.

I used to play with a guy like this back in the Party Days. Same exact lines. Jams stuff like weak top pairs. Screenname was RangerTX. Anytime he played, the waiting list was 10 deep.

Just what in the hell did he raise PF?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
reads based hand:

<u>notes on player</u>

1. i am only beaten by 55/66/99/QQ/KK, K5/K6/K9/KQ, 65, Q5/Q6/Q9, 95/96, JT, and 87. however, he will not raise preflop with 55/66/99/QQ/KK, K5/K6/K9/KQ, 65, Q5/Q6/Q9, 95/96, or JT.

2. thus, i only have to worry about 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], whereas I beat all suited kings (except for chopping with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

3. doing combo analysis, this makes every street very easy. there is only one combo of 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but there are so many suited kings I beat. see the results for proof - he has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

4. this is an example of a reads-based play (i know all the standard lines fwiw).

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7SB, 2 players)

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 2 players)

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (15.5BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 23.5BB
<font color="#ffffff">CO Shows 2c Kc</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero Shows Kh Jh</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was a post of the year award i would nominate this one. Excellent [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
reads based hand:

<u>notes on player</u>

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, bot turned against its master?