Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 PM

Default FD from BB; Virtually No Highcard Strength

Here is one I don't feel particularly confident about.
Villain had just sat down:
55/13.8/1.12 over 29 hands
I'd seen him 3-bet 99 in the hole from late position (he'd posted a BB as he'd just sat down) and call down with overcards and 3 hearts on board.

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Should I have just check/called this hand since he was aggressive enough to do the betting for me? What do you guys think about the 3-bet on the flop? Pretty spewey? The turn bet was probably not warranted either since I only improved to MP, but I figured that coupled with my flush draw gave my hand more equity, so a bet for value was ok...
however, I should have known I might be raised.. how does this factor in?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: FD from BB; Virtually No Highcard Strength

um, there is spew on 3 streets in this hand...
b/c flop
c/c turn
c/f river
name a single hand that you beat that would raise the flop _and_ turn.

I think this is really really bad.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:29 PM

Grunch time!

Preflop is obviously fine.

Flop, eh, seems kinda spewy. I don't mind a bet on the flop, but just call MP2's raise. You and him are the only people in the pot. You really don't have the equity to 3-bet a draw against one opponent. While his raise could be an attempt at a free card, it could also be a made hand.

Turn is really bad. You improved to a pair, sure, but you're more than likely still behind. If your opponent is on a draw, it's probably for value, but if he has a king, you're not doing yourself any good. Check/call.

After his aggression on the flop and turn, I can say with certainty that you're not going to be good here. You beat a complete bluff. He's not playing a draw like this. Check/fold.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 PM

Nick, you just said yourself that this guy likes to get overaggressive and you're trying to bluff him. Do you see the problem here?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:26 PM

Old 08-15-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-16-2007, 12:00 AM

I think the flop bet is ok, but I don't care for the flop 3-bet. Your read says the guy doesn't fold and your ten high isn't the best hand when he raises. Just call and try to improve.

As played, I don't think the turn bet is bad since you may have pulled ahead if he had 8x or another diamond draw that he was pumping. But I wouldn't have put myself in this spot by raising the flop.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 AM

For the record, I know I played this hand horribly. I guess I just posted it to see how you guys would have played it (since I know I played it very poorly). Keep opinions coming.. thanks.
Nick