Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
meh, we always seem to do crap at Fratton Park. Sucks to be losing ground so early though, could see us dropping more at the weekend too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is up with Kanu not playing?

KJS
Old 08-15-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
meh, we always seem to do crap at Fratton Park. Sucks to be losing ground so early though, could see us dropping more at the weekend too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is up with Kanu not playing?

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe something to do with his contract. Might not have been training.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that. Was an immense second half. Reading are a strong unit that is much greater than the sum of its parts.

Its so exciting watching Chelsea now as they just get the ball and attack at pace, though we need a bit more sharpness with the final ball and around the box, also as we are attack attack attack this means the other team has the ball more as we are not playing relentless possession grind you downball.

Truelly a great game and both sides impressed me alot.

Also worth noting:

Shaun Wright Philips is playing about 10 levels above what he was last season and is looking truly world class so far this season, hope he keeps it up.

Also:

All ready a 4 point lead over the scum. That is immense even at this early stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree that a more open Chelsea is a joy to watch. They really had their tails up in the second half. A lot of the final balls were wasteful today but I think that will change as the players get sharper.

Where exactly was Pizarro playing today? I saw he came in for Ferrera but he always seemed to be in the middle of pitch behind Drogba. I was only half paying attention (ldo) and could not place him in the formation.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a striker, so it makes sense that he was playing up front. I haven't seen the game yet, but I'll hopefully watch it tonight and give a better answer.

EDIT: Just read the news report: Ricardo Carvalho left with a knee injury. Good thing Chelsea has some backup CBs now, I guess. Lost Essien last game. Injury bug seems to be biting pretty hard now.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:51 PM

Injury bug is bitting you and ManU. So basially you are starting Ben Haim and Alex? Is Alex fit yet? Pretty [censored] situation for Chelsea if you ask me.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:14 PM

If highlights of Fulham - Bolton show up on youtube, be sure to watch for Helguson's goal, it's hilarious. Just checked and there's nothing up there yet, was on MOTD earlier obv.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Injury bug is bitting you and ManU. So basially you are starting Ben Haim and Alex? Is Alex fit yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

This article says he won't be fit for 2 weeks.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Injury bug is bitting you and ManU. So basially you are starting Ben Haim and Alex? Is Alex fit yet? Pretty [censored] situation for Chelsea if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you just love it? Hahahaha
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you just love it? Hahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]I do. Steven Cohen had Pool finishing first this year. Right now, I say they have the best chance. Wow injuries coming fast and furious for two stupid teams that took stupid trips around the world making easy money.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:15 PM

Sickening
Old 08-15-2007, 11:08 PM

Muahaha. ManUre 4 points back after 2 games. Gold Medal Olympic Diver Ronaldo given a 3 game vacation for using his head.

Good God could Chelsea have looked worse after the first 45 today? We couldn't even blame Glen Johnson for how bad we looked.

This team looks like it has no sense of urgency, too relaxed at times and if it expects things to automatically happen for them. When they play like this, they play [censored] football and get results like in the first half. When they play with that sense of urgency though, like when they came out of halftime, they are fun to watch, and almost lethal.

It's a shame that JM has a poor record recently at Anfield. Can't see us taking 3 points there Sunday, would be happy with 1...