Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 3 ruling questions from my recent vegas trip

1) By the rules, once two players have taken action, and you have three cards, your hand should be ruled dead and I see no reason to give you back your blind.

In reality, at a low stakes game, if your third card is obvious and you haven't looked at it, it could be scooped and put on top of the deck as the burn card. However, if anyone complains and calls the floor over, your hand will be ruled dead.

When something like this happens, slide your hand to the middle of the table and say "please stop dealer" immediately. Don't tug at his sleeve or raise your hand.

2) Player3 still has the right to act. Player2 can conceal his cards again and hope Player3 didn't see them. Player3 can then bet or check as he wishes.

Early exposure of hands are never ruled dead. There are so many cases where a player thinks the action is over and flips over his cards. Imagine a guy with a royal flush. He bets on the river. His opponent mumbles something and royal guy thinks he heard call and flips over his royal flush. You think his hand should be ruled dead? All he did was cost himself some money when other player speed mucks.

3) This one is a little silly. I would think that a strap of cash would be verified when it is placed on the table.

And the first thing I'm going to ask as an opponent is how much cash is on the table. If the guy says $5K, then that's what he's representing and if he bets it and loses, that's what he has to pay.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) By the rules, once two players have taken action, and you have three cards, your hand should be ruled dead and I see no reason to give you back your blind.

In reality, at a low stakes game, if your third card is obvious and you haven't looked at it, it could be scooped and put on top of the deck as the burn card. However, if anyone complains and calls the floor over, your hand will be ruled dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

In reality, in a $200/$400, the dealer pitches the third card between SB and Button (so SB might well think that it is the Button's), are you going to kill a $100 SB's hand?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In reality, in a $200/$400, the dealer pitches the third card between SB and Button (so SB might well think that it is the Button's), are you going to kill a $100 SB's hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
In reality, the guy sitting at 100/200 game is going to protect his two cards when he gets them (he's the first one to get two cards) and flick that third card away like a virus.

I guess the actual location of the card is a factor. However, even if it is not touching your other two cards, how does that look? The action comes around to you and it sure could look like you are holding the two best cards out of three.

When someone has three cards, the only two outcomes are his hand is dead or it's a misdeal. When there is a floater card like the one you describe between two players, guess it's a little more complicated.

So what's your opinion on a third card that's out in the middle, between two players, or right in front of someone's hand?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:44 PM

In at least Ceasars, they do not verify the strap if it is together as a strap and marked - the whole thing plays, as marked, counting as a single chip. Also, you cannot make someone pay more than what they have on the table, unless of course you take 'em out back and shake 'em down.