Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Party Warning Me about PT

vespa you are an asshat.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t think it’s so absurd to believe that someone who receives this kind of a message would believe that, right? I mean, if you weren’t sure of the RULES AND CONDITIONS for PP and you received this message, wouldn’t you think the same thing, esp. if these are the only programs you’re running?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it would definitely concern me and if I hadn't read the various threads about this on here in the past then I would wonder if my PT was perhaps causing some sort of a problem as well.

Then I would come to 2+2 and find out that a zillion other users had the exact same issue and they ALL agree that it was never related to PT and that asking Party that would be silly...
rather it was due to visiting the poker-prohecy or pokeredge or winholdem website or something like that.
(and perhaps even downloading the program).

Many 2+2'ers had this EXACT same message (as you had already been informed) and didn't find it necessary to go Party to ask about PT when they already found out that info here.

I am not very computer knowledgeable either so I don't know how to best find the program or cookie.
But I do suggest asking anybody else who has ever touched that computer if they have gone to any of those sites.

I'm not sure Party will be much help in telling you which specific program they are detecting. But it probably wouldn't hurt to ask.

Asking Party whether PT is acceptable was about as pointless as asking Party "Do you run tournaments?"
Old 09-06-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don’t think it’s so absurd to believe that someone who receives this kind of a message would believe that, right? I mean, if you weren’t sure of the RULES AND CONDITIONS for PP and you received this message, wouldn’t you think the same thing, esp. if these are the only programs you’re running?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it would definitely concern me and if I hadn't read the various threads about this on here in the past then I would wonder if my PT was perhaps causing some sort of a problem as well.

Then I would come to 2+2 and find out that a zillion other users had the exact same issue and they ALL agree that it was never related to PT and that asking Party that would be silly...
rather it was due to visiting the poker-prohecy or pokeredge or winholdem website or something like that.
(and perhaps even downloading the program).

Many 2+2'ers had this EXACT same message (as you had already been informed) and didn't find it necessary to go Party to ask about PT when they already found out that info here.

I am not very computer knowledgeable either so I don't know how to best find the program or cookie.
But I do suggest asking anybody else who has ever touched that computer if they have gone to any of those sites.

I'm not sure Party will be much help in telling you which specific program they are detecting. But it probably wouldn't hurt to ask.

Asking Party whether PT is acceptable was about as pointless as asking Party "Do you run tournaments?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. You were right that Party wasn't much help in figuring out which specific programs they were detecting.

[ QUOTE ]
so you called up PP to ask about PT when it was obviously unecesasry but didn't ask why you had been flagged and sent that message????

[/ QUOTE ]

I did ask that and they put me on hold and came back and told me they ran a check through my system and that there was no reason why I should be gettting that popup and if I continue to get that screen that I should PRINT IT and send it back to them to study. I don't know if you know the exact details of my original question, but I had received this warning screen a long time ago and I JUST NOW set to figure out if anyone else had received this message, this fact may have created some confusion.
I think what happened is I got a cookie from one of those sites a while back (which is the consensus), but since that point I have erased the cookie through my virus/scanner security wall program and that is why I haven't received the screen again. I attributed the warning screen to the wrong thing obviously. I apologize for implying that these programs weren't usable on that site. It was an innocent enquiry. I wasn't aware that this problem had been discussed before. GL.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:10 AM

stop cheating and using things that are against the T&C.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering how you would go about finding the computer program/cookie and getting rid of it (I’m not so computer-savvy). Is it possible that something has attatched itself to my applications? If so, what’s the best way of getting rid of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everyone has jumped on you for contacting Party (i guess they must be bored or something) i think your question about removing cookies has been overlooked:

In Internet Explorer go to the "tools" menu, select "options". There should be a button on options screen that says "delete cookies".

In Firefix, theres an option under the tools menu called "clear private data", which allows you to delete cookies.

Apologies if someone has already answered this, and i just missed it.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:06 PM

As long as you or your roommate didn't download or install any programs other than PT & PAHUD, just clear out your cookies, history and temporary internet files and you'll be fine.

Instructions for doing that are at:

https://helpdesk.jetnet.aa.com/knowb.../aa_bb9167.htm

It's a good idea to do this from time to time in order to clear crap from your computer anyway. Also don't visit sites that feature shady poker programs (bots or programs that share stats among players) or the problem cookie may get loaded again.

Regarding the warning message, what the previous posters are trying to tell you is that Party is well-known for communicating poorly by using generic (and inaccurate) popups and form e-mails. The message you got is common, and the usual cause is a cookie on your system from visiting one of the shady sites.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:57 PM

This happened to me as well. I use PokerOffice but I did a search in google on vpip, pfa and pf to get a description of them somewhere on the web and one of the search results was on the PokerEdge website, I was aware that PokerEdge wasn't allowed on Party Poker but didn't plan to download or use their software so I followed the link to their site and then got the same warning message from Party Poker. I emailed them about it.

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting us.

With reference to your e-mail, please note that our teams of game
experts, in consultation with the Technical team are constantly
evaluating Poker office software, in order to determine the
suitability
of such third party programs and their compatibility with our Poker
Client software and Terms and Conditions.

At present, we have no immediate plans to block this software, but such

applications and their subsequent versions and upgrades are under
constant review, to ensure their continued suitability.

Please note that our policy and the terms that apply to the use of
third
party software while playing on PartyPoker.com is set out in the Terms
and Conditions of Use.

http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/g...advantage.html

With regards to Poker Edge software, You would receive the warning Pop
up even if you visit the website. If you continue to visit the website
we would left with no option but to suspend your account.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you
with
your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Investigations Team
alerts@partyaccount.com

Note: Your PartyAccount username and password are confidential
information. No one from the company will ever ask for your password in

a phone call or email message. Do not respond to any message or request

that asks for your password.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
Hi,

A few minutes ago I received a warning on my screen saying that
partypoker had detected that I was using software that could give me an

unfair advantage.

I currently use Poker Office, but just before the warning came up I
followed a link through google to a page on the PokerEdge website for
the purpose of explaining terms such as vpip, pfr etc.

I was aware that PokerEdge wasn't allowed to be used, but I wasn't
aware
that I wasn't allowed to visit their website.

I just wanted to confirm that Poker Office isn't an issue and the
warning popped up because I visited the PokerEdge website. If so, I
won't visit the PokerEdge website again!

I also wanted to receive confirmation from PartyPoker that I'm not
using
any software that may give me an unfair advantage as I don't want to do

anything wrong and get my account suspended!

Regards,

First off, do the first couple of paragraphs indiciate that in the future, programs such as PokerOffice and PokerTracker may be banned by PartyPoker or is that just a standard disclaimer type message.

And secondly I didn't know that visiting their website would constitute giving me an unfair advantage! I thought you would actually have to use their software for it to become an issue!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, do the first couple of paragraphs indiciate that in the future, programs such as PokerOffice and PokerTracker may be banned by PartyPoker or is that just a standard disclaimer type message.

And secondly I didn't know that visiting their website would constitute giving me an unfair advantage! I thought you would actually have to use their software for it to become an issue!

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as PT and PO, I would imagine that's their standard CYA disclaimer. They don't want to say that PT will always be fine and then, for exampe, find out that PT is adding botting functionality to their software. An extreme example, granted, but they want to be on the safe side.

As for the website, of course visiting doesn't give you an unfair advantage. However, they are obviously concerned that people are masking their use of the software, so they use every means they can to detect what they deem as "suspicious" activity. I remember late last year we had a big thread here about botting, and subsequently some people went to check out the forum of a botting site to see what was going on. At least one of them had a poker account locked for a while because of this. Some poker sites check your cookies for a few selected "bad" sites.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 PM

In the event that a Poker site locked your account for visiting a banned website, whether it be knowingly or unknowingly, how much trouble is it to get your account re-activated?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the event that a Poker site locked your account for visiting a banned website, whether it be knowingly or unknowingly, how much trouble is it to get your account re-activated?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I think that's going to depend on the site and how good their service is. I'm pretty sure the poster I mentioned who visited the bot site had his unlocked, and I don't think it took too long, but I honestly am not certain.