Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: HSNL HU Tourney: ROUND 2!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GOG is really tough and I find it very important HU to know my opponent's tendencies and frequencies. I don't know his game and have no stats on him. I want to play 1 match before playing the others. I also 3-tabled my first match and felt a little overwhelmed. Lots of people inc. durr aren't 3 tabling these, so I don't see what the problem is?

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is pretty obviously you making it seem like GOG is afraid of your ability to discern his patterns and frequencies if you get to 1-table so much that he's stalling when there are about 768 more plausible explanations for why he hasn't started the match yet. it's not so much your claim that you have a better chance if you get to study his game as the ridiculous combination of arrogance and attribution of fear to GOG

[/ QUOTE ]

or I was just messing around and am annoyed at his lack of responsiveness and the unhappiness he expressed in our PMs when I insisted on starting off playing only 1 match at once, and how him being busy might result in me having to do so anyway because of the rules of the tournament. You'd be frustrated too if you were set on playing 1 match at a time a week ago. Also, I doubt GOG knows much about me or my game.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GOG is really tough and I find it very important HU to know my opponent's tendencies and frequencies. I don't know his game and have no stats on him. I want to play 1 match before playing the others. I also 3-tabled my first match and felt a little overwhelmed. Lots of people inc. durr aren't 3 tabling these, so I don't see what the problem is?

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is pretty obviously you making it seem like GOG is afraid of your ability to discern his patterns and frequencies if you get to 1-table so much that he's stalling when there are about 768 more plausible explanations for why he hasn't started the match yet. it's not so much your claim that you have a better chance if you get to study his game as the ridiculous combination of arrogance and attribution of fear to GOG

[/ QUOTE ]

or I was just messing around and am annoyed at his lack of responsiveness and the unhappiness he expressed in our PMs when I insisted on starting off playing only 1 match at once, and how him being busy might result in me having to do so anyway because of the rules of the tournament. You'd be frustrated too if you were set on playing 1 match at a time a week ago. Also, I doubt GOG knows much about me or my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) if my post came across as personal it wasn't meant to be, just an explanation of what's absurd about your first post. hopefully you won't take the following as a personal attack as opposed to just an explanation of why your posts comes across poorly
b) not too surprising that GOG would be annoyed at being asked to do 3 sessions of 1-tabling when that doesn't seem like a particularly reasonable expectation of you to have (i mean, it's a reasonable request because it's not rude or anything but to expect anybody to 1 table 3 times is a bit much)
c) i'm sure his lack of responsiveness (if he has been unresponsive) is annoying but that doesn't make your insistence on 1-tabling a legitimate demand
d) I agree that GOG doesn't know much about your game, which is more of a reason which makes it more crazy to think he wants to multitable out of fear of you
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a) if my post came across as personal it wasn't meant to be, just an explanation of what's absurd about your first post. hopefully you won't take the following as a personal attack as opposed to just an explanation of why your posts comes across poorly
b) not too surprising that GOG would be annoyed at being asked to do 3 sessions of 1-tabling when that doesn't seem like a particularly reasonable expectation of you to have (i mean, it's a reasonable request because it's not rude or anything but to expect anybody to 1 table 3 times is a bit much)
c) i'm sure his lack of responsiveness (if he has been unresponsive) is annoying but that doesn't make your insistence on 1-tabling a legitimate demand
d) I agree that GOG doesn't know much about your game, which is more of a reason which makes it more crazy to think he wants to multitable out of fear of you

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. FYI I'm not insisting on 3 1-tabling sessions or even not playing out the whole match in 1 day, just playing the first game on its own, and then if we get bored into it or have time afterwards, playing the other 2
Old 08-15-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FF,

"GOG"

Not jew.

really? i was pretty confident about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm actually more Irish than anything else, hence the name. Strange, huh?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FF,

"GOG"

Not jew.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, between the name and the hair i kinda assumed. btw, any response to ActionJeff's pseduo-trash talk? let's get some enmity going in this GRUDGE MATCH!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:21 PM

Jeff,

I've been out of touch not to "stall" you but because Comcast is a disgusting excuse for a telecom company.

I want to play all three matches at once because I'm busy and would rather not spend more time playing poker. Tonight and tomorrow night I'll be playing soccer or tennis but I'm flexible during the rest of the day, including later at night. How about starting with two matches and adding the third when one concludes?

Finally, if you want to spice things up by putting action on our match, let me know before we start.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Wow, ActionJeff is totally ridiculous in this thread.

Good for the drama, though.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FF,

"GOG"

Not jew.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think if you wanted we could pretend you're jewish. you have alot of clout gog.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:01 AM

GOG and I were supposed to play earlier but the internet here at TS was down and he was out till just now. Its really late and the internet is bad here, but I'm gonna play 1 match. Hopefully we can get a slight extension for the rest, I'll be around tommorow to play
Closed Thread