Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 PM

Default AJ Squeeze, flops Ace, river?

No real read on villain besides that he just c/c and then c/c a 3b pf soo ive decided hes not very good.

His flop and turn play make me believe he has some slowplayed big PP but obv could have a bigger ace sometimes.

This is easy a clear value shove though, or a clear check. I dont think there is much room between the two at all.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $129.80
BB: $100.00
UTG: $34.50
CO: $284.20
Hero (BTN): $135.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, CO calls $4.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, 3 folds, CO calls $12.00

Flop: ($37.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($37.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $37.50</font>, Hero calls $37.50

River: ($112.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: AJ Squeeze, flops Ace, river?

shove&gt;check imo
Old 08-15-2007, 12:18 PM

check&gt;shove imo
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM

this is close. I'd probably check here.

I don't see villian having a hand that beat us. At the same time, I don't see villian calling a shove.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 PM

I like checking or shoving, A shove only gets called if you are beat, no real value there. I think you should make a small bet of $20 or so, he should call that with Kings or Queens. While he is scared of the Ace, he would be getting 5-1 on a call. you raised pre-flop because you felt your ace was good so bet it. Checking the flop added deception and he probably would have bet thee river with AK or AQ on the river. Your AJ appears good so get value from it. If he c/r all-in you are probably dead on that board so folding is an option there if that happens.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 PM

this is such bad advice. he was squeezing preflop hoping to take it down/use his position if he didnt. betting $20 can get shoved on as a bluff b/c its soooo weak that betting then folding would be retarded.
betting 35 and snap calling a shove wouldnt be terrible. i think shove is slightly&gt;check&gt;bet small/call&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&g t;&gt;&gt;bet/fold.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like checking or shoving, A shove only gets called if you are beat, no real value there. I think you should make a small bet of $20 or so, he should call that with Kings or Queens. While he is scared of the Ace, he would be getting 5-1 on a call. you raised pre-flop because you felt your ace was good so bet it. Checking the flop added deception and he probably would have bet thee river with AK or AQ on the river. Your AJ appears good so get value from it. If he c/r all-in you are probably dead on that board so folding is an option there if that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. Im shoving or checking.

Hes going to make a hero call or not, im going to let him make a big mistake.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 PM

I see your point but I don't see the value in shoving. What can hero beat that would gete called. In my expeerience, these small river bets are consistently paid off against passive players and rarely get r/r. If villain r/r you all-in you can call, you were thinking of pushing anyway so whats the difference. Looking at how this hand was played, it appears the SB has a big pair JJ-KK or something in that range. He may call an all-in for his last $78 or so but would probably fold. Make a bet that you think will get called by the hand you put him on.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 PM

bet 60.. how is this even close
Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is close. I'd probably check here.

I don't see villian having a hand that beat us. At the same time, I don't see villian calling a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why a small value bet on river should result in some equity. Get called by the weaker hand, If he folds to a small bet it is essentially the same as checking with the added bonus no one sees your hand for those who do pay attention to that sort of thing.