Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: 200nl: qq preflop against tag

None taken, that is what these forums are for. My point is, If he r/r all-in on you, you know for a fact he has Aces or Kings so you then can confidently fold. If you call flop and fold to turn bet, how do you know he doesn't have AK or Jacks? You still have not really shown strength so he may think he is good. If you know for a fact he would check AK, Jacks, or Tens on turn with a rag board, than call flop and fold turn. Otherwise I think you are in the dark about his hand. Also, if you are this confident he has that big pair, You should fold preflop and to avoid all the difficult decisions on later streets.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM

crimson, thats just an awful line, your initial one that is. Nation, felt here imo. Call pre, call flop, call turn
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 PM

Just to add to this - I 8-table and still find time to squeeze when I see a good spot.. it's not like we barely have time to make our actions.

Not saying the same about this guy but I can definitely squeeze lighter than JJ+ if I see the right spots.

As for your hand, I like your line you suggested when you peel decent flop and pot control.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crimson, thats just an awful line, your initial one that is. Nation, felt here imo. Call pre, call flop, call turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This does sound nice. You would get JJ and TT monies more often by letting him bet at rags on flop and turn. Of course you don't know if you're up against AA/KK though.